Review: 8 Carnuba Waxes ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by esf
I really think everyone should just get back on topic now before this thread gets out of hand. I think if you can't offer a comment or opinion based on the original post that's constructive in some way. Anything unrelated to the actual test performed or the steps leading up to the test should be kept to yourself or shared with a specific person through PMs. Let's keep things positive and on track.
I agree. I don't want my time to do the test and creating this thread to go to waste.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by esf
I really think everyone should just get back on topic now before this thread gets out of hand. I think if you can't offer a comment or opinion based on the original post that's constructive in some way. Anything unrelated to the actual test performed or the steps leading up to the test should be kept to yourself or shared with a specific person through PMs. Let's keep things positive and on track.
i agree 100% with this.....i post about the thread, other post about my post and not the thread????

Old 07-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
To clarify, it's not because of people like troberts. Just FYI...

Back to your regularly scheduled wax thing-a-ma-bob.

Last edited by Rockpick; 07-03-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:08 PM
like i said earlier if this is test about how it visually looks than this is a great comparison, if its about how it beads two weeks or a month later, another great thread, but one about how "carnubas" stack up to each other---not so sure, about durabillity once again not sure that can be shown with this thread....peolpe who now are detailers only 4 months ago were on a---topia asking about a first machine are now on here questioning my post...give it up-241987.
I am reading this new stuff and shaking my head. I guess I completely misunderstood the original post by Thump- I thought it was a lot of work on his behalf to give his opinions in a review of 8 Carnuba waxes

I wasnt reading this thread as if he was performing any actual TEST or about long term durability.

I was turned onto NXT and NXT 2.0 by all you guys on here a while ago, and lately I have had my eye on a few other products that RP has spoken highly of. In this post, I heard some more positive experiences and opinions on those products through the review.

As for pure Carnuba...I have a tin of that stuff somewhere. Its probably 15 years old now. I bought it from an auto body supply house when I bought paint for my Bayliner. I have a hard time believing that anybody is really selling 100% pure Carnuba these days because the stuff I got is like rubbing bees wax on your car, and then trying for two days to get it off. I needed to use mineral spirits just to clean my hands afterwards. I went through more towels than you would believe because the stuff gunked the fabric, it was extremely difficult to remove, etc. It doesnt have any real smell, doesnt dry and haze up nicely at all compared to the "100% pure Carnuba" that I have in a Mother's tin- and the so called Mother's "pure" stuff even smells better than a bottle of Febreeze.
All in all, I am happy to read a basic review as opposed to tests that none of us could actually perform, and clarifications about wether a wax is 100% pure carnuba....almost a pointless arguement anyway- it aint pure no matter what it says on the label in my opinion

Quick Reply: Review: 8 Carnuba Waxes ...