Danase Wet Glaze

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danase Wet Glaze

I took off work early today and decided to use the DWG I got in a couple of weeks ago. It says you can put it on top or below nuba. I have a layer of #16 that I put on a few weeks ago. I used a LC finishing pad and set my PC to 2. This stuff seems to just melt into the paint. I let it dry for about 20 min then I buffed off what was left. Came off real easy. I need to get some pics in the sunlight. Looks like it added more gloss and depth to the #16. I have heard a lot of good things about it over on Autopia so I decided to try it out. Now I dont know if I should top it or not. I might just hit it with some Aqua Wax and be done with it.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Is that the stuff you were talking about a day or so ago?

looks pretty good... I'll check it out later on a better screen...

Old 07-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Suspended
Wow !!! Now that looks good. I don't think I've ever seen white pop like that !! I might have to pick some of that up. I bet it'd look great on Satin Silver ...

Old 07-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Wow !!! Now that looks good. I don't think I've ever seen white pop like that !! I might have to pick some of that up. I bet it'd look great on Satin Silver ...
I've got to say it... and this is Rockpick as a SENIOR MEMBER - not a moderator...

You may as well pick it up a bottle of Danse... you've picked up just about everything else on every detailing website on the market in the past month.

Sorry, you left yourself WIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE open there...

Slees - it looks excellent... really, it does. Nice work.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:52 PM
can a glaze like that help hide swirls on a dark vehicle?

My truck is in pretty good shape as far as swirls go, I only ask because a buddy of mine has a dark car. He isnt into going all out on a detail, but if I hit it with some of this, it may do the trick as opposed to really going at it- at which point- he isnt going to spend the time

Last edited by Les22; 07-03-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:17 PM
I dont think DWG hides swirls as well as ClearKote's Red Machine Glaze. You might try Zaino Z5 Pro. I have never used it but I have seen some amazing results on black paint.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Moderator &

Nah... they really don't have many 'hiding' qualities...

If you're going to go after hiding rather than removing the problem, I'd recommend a product like Meguiar's #9. It's a super simple product to use - just follow the directions on the bottle. While #9 will offer very light removal qualities, it's more of a 'filler' than it is a 'remover'.

Often times, in my opinion, going to a filling option versus a removal option is a decent route simply because time, money, or overall non-effort may dictate what product you use to achieve a goal. Again, this is fine if the person isn't wanting - or doesn't have the ability - to accomplish a detailing goal... #9 can potentially help your friend get where he/she wants to be without a boatload of effort.

-RP-

Trending Topics

Old 07-03-2008, 10:02 PM
is #9 megs "show car glaze"????

Old 07-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Rockpick what do you think about Poorboys White Diamond and Black Hole for its hiding ability? I have White diamond but I have yet to use it.

I snapped a few pics ouside before the sun went down. The paint looks wet. Notice the Zaino Z16 on the tires. I love that stuff.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by troberts6874
is #9 megs "show car glaze"????
Actually, Show Car Glaze is #7... #9 is Swirl Remover 2.0

Old 07-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by Sleestak
Rockpick what do you think about Poorboys White Diamond and Black Hole for its hiding ability? I have White diamond but I have yet to use it.
I can't comment... haven't bought it. I lack expendable income since about a year ago... did I mention that my daughter turned 1 today?

Not sure, man. Sorry.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by RockPick
You may as well pick it up a bottle of Danse... you've picked up just about everything else on every detailing website on the market in the past month.
As much as I'd like to say that's true, it's not. I wish I could order some more stuff, too. I can't though. Too much going out, not enough coming in ..

Old 07-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
I can't comment... haven't bought it. I lack expendable income since about a year ago... did I mention that my daughter turned 1 today?

Not sure, man. Sorry.
I know how that is. My son will be 2 next week.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:21 PM
damn you megs....is there anything about the numbers that means anything, why dont they call it what it is???

Old 07-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by troberts6874
damn you megs....is there anything about the numbers that means anything, why dont they call it what it is???
I'll be the first to totally agree with you there...

While they make some really great stuff -- they also make some garbage (IMO). The number system doesn't help them but, really -- once you learn it, it's not too hard to keep up with... well, at least for some of the staple products.

Quick Reply: Danase Wet Glaze