Never an excuse to be bored when you have a truck to detail.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going to take a wild guess here... this stuff is only good for a light dirty? couldnt see it working well with a bit of mud... I am going to buy it and try just for my curiosity. Thanks for the input guys.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Yea if you had mud on your truck I would take it down to the coin-op and knock the mud off first.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:48 PM
So now that I have done the outside. I need some info on the engine bay. There is some mad dust going on in there. what are the best things to do to get it clean and keep it that way.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by stewballusn
So now that I have done the outside. I need some info on the engine bay. There is some mad dust going on in there. what are the best things to do to get it clean and keep it that way.
simple green. used it for the first time when i detailed my truck last week and it looks brand new. i love it.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:02 PM
I am going to take a wild guess here... this stuff is only good for a light dirty? couldnt see it working well with a bit of mud... I am going to buy it and try just for my curiosity. Thanks for the input guys.
You are correct there.

BTW-- what do you do for the USN?

HMC Ryan (omit last name on internet) reporting from NAS-JRB Fort Worth.
(granted, I am taking up the USN on the ROTC idea-- Seattle here we come!)

In fact, today I just took off my CPO uniform for the last time... I wont be in uniform again for another 2 months... the end of an era...

Old 07-14-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
You are correct there.

BTW-- what do you do for the USN?

HMC Ryan (omit last name on internet) reporting from NAS-JRB Fort Worth.
(granted, I am taking up the USN on the ROTC idea-- Seattle here we come!)

In fact, today I just took off my CPO uniform for the last time... I wont be in uniform again for another 2 months... the end of an era...
Torpedoman submarines. Im currently in groton, ct heading down to kingsbay, ga in two weeks. Been in 3 years now. Spent 2 years at the ceremonial guard in washington d.c. A year here in school and now I have to report to the west virginia uss 736.

As to the simple green, do you just spray and rinse being careful not to get the electrical. ( never done inside the hood in a newer vehicle) or do I clean each part with a cloth and spray?

Old 07-14-2008, 12:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
West Virginia baby!! ... haha had to just kinda throw that out there.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:10 AM
Torpedoman submarines. Im currently in groton, ct heading down to kingsbay, ga in two weeks. Been in 3 years now. Spent 2 years at the ceremonial guard in washington d.c. A year here in school and now I have to report to the west virginia uss 736.

As to the simple green, do you just spray and rinse being careful not to get the electrical. ( never done inside the hood in a newer vehicle) or do I clean each part with a cloth and spray?
theres a setting on the spray that u pull out for "foam" i used that. sprayed it on their and wiped it off with a terry cloth.

Quick Reply: Never an excuse to be bored when you have a truck to detail.