HD question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
The only way to get rid of orange peel is wetsanding. I would not do it.
Yea, I am definitely not going to wet sand it. Like troberts said, I will just have to deal with it and keep good care of it, and, be happy with that.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:51 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
If you are really picky, you could probably find a good body/paint guy with a lot of experience to wetsand it for you.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by frankiemcnoosie
From the sticky:

DA
Dual Action Polisher. The detailer's weapon of choice. Generally refers to the Porter Cable 7424 Dual Action Polisher. Used mostly for defect removal in paint. Can also be used for last step product (LSP) application and removal.
http://www.autodetailingsolutions.co...20Specials.htm

Not much mention of what it will and will not do there. And the PDF has no mention of the DA and orange peel.

Do you advise he jump strait to a rotory on that new Expy?

Go with the PB products. I love them. http://www.autogeek.net/pbnl16.html#
ooohhh... Right.... Its been awhile since I read it.... My bad... That said, I need to update that ASAP.... Sorry about that.

No, I am one to say let the orange peel be... if he's really ****, he could go get it wetsanded (I wont do this to my own... I've only wetsanded 1 or 2 times on customer vehicles... SCARY!!!) then buffed with a rotary. If I had a rotary, I might wetsand my hood to get some nasty stuff out. But the most aggressive stuff I use is SSR3. I dont even have a cutting pad anymore

I need to call Brad to see how to update it; a F150onliner took it from the MS word file I had then converted to pdf then put it on his website... Not sure who that was, though. Hopefully Brad has the info...

Old 07-15-2008, 01:49 PM
This is one of those times where I'd say that if you havent bought either, go for the rotary. I used to think otherwise, but more and more, I realize that jumping in headfirst is almost always the best idea. I put my feet in, then slowly added on... that cost me FAR mroe $$$ than if I'd just jumped into it all at once. That said, a D/A is handy to have sometimes...

BTW--Thanks for the kudos Keith!

Old 07-15-2008, 09:15 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
Ryan, that was me. I'll e-mail you the original Word file if you no longer have it.

E-mail sent.

Last edited by glc; 07-15-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:30 AM
Oh! Ignore the part in the email that basically says who are you...

Thanks!!! I'll get that worked on more ASAP.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
This is one of those times where I'd say that if you havent bought either, go for the rotary. I used to think otherwise, but more and more, I realize that jumping in headfirst is almost always the best idea. I put my feet in, then slowly added on... that cost me FAR mroe $$$ than if I'd just jumped into it all at once. That said, a D/A is handy to have sometimes...

BTW--Thanks for the kudos Keith!
No problem, I appreciate the much needed advise there is to be found in this section.

You have motivated the wheels in my head to start turning (everyone LOOK OUT, LMAO) about going strait to the rotory. I know a rotory is the only thing that will help my 150, LOL. (just intimidated a tad about using it) And, I don't see the point in having both a DA and a rotory. Autogeek has a nice price on the makita (i think 199.). I may just go ahead and bite the bullet and get to practicing on my 150. (got some 16 on the way for the expy)

Thanks for all of the help guys!

Last edited by KEITHHATTER; 07-16-2008 at 01:14 PM.

Quick Reply: HD question