Meguiars Waterless Car Wash

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Iam4st8
Honestly.. I don't see any harm using UQD when dusty if you use enough, i just like the 34 better. It seems easier to apply and remove to me.
I concur but, only to a certain extent...

My personal opinion of UQD is that it's a pretty good FINISHING spray but doesn't offer a lot of lubrication between the towel and the painted finish. In short, if you were to utilize a product like PB's S&W and saw some light streaking (which 99 people out of 100 will - especially on black), following with a product like UQD can cut down on those smears and such and leave a high level of 'pop'.

Using UQD for a straight-dusty vehicle probably, in my opinion, isn't the best choice of chemicals as it's pretty low on the lubrication end when it comes to several QD products on the market... plus, it's important to point out that QD products can be used for light dust but, user beware -- Like I said in my last post (above this one), it's very important to know the limitations of a QD product and not expect it to do the task of what a water wash will complete.

Straight-line scratching and swirling is VERY easy to induce when utilizing a QD product in a scenario where a wash should've bee utilized! Trust me...

Old 07-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brad, have you used PB S&W? If so, did your streaks stay on the finish? I use it quite often and after the wipe, it will streak, but it dries clean.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You are the 1% that I was referring to when I made my earlier post...

I've probably used around 20 gallons of this stuff over the past few years - it's a product that I really cannot go without. When I use it, I use a lot of it -- let's remember, it's labeled as a waterless wash product (although, I've only used it for that a handfull of times when times were tough and it was cold as ***** outside).

I've never tried to use this product as a finishing product simply because it's not meant to be a finishing product. Maybe you've found the one secret bottle that PB's made that didn't streak or maybe your knowledge of PB's surpasses most everyone else that I've ever seen use the product... I mean, it's a great product and I'm certainly not knocking it but, it's simply not a good finishing product.

Yeah yeah yeah... opinions, opinions, opinions.... I'm just saying, your opinion is a bit off from most all of the opinions that I've read over the years and also my own opinion. I'm not saying you're wrong - don't get sideways here -- just saying that you're an anomoly to say the least.

And, before you refer me back over to PB's forum, I can also point you to any other brand's forum and call out positives to products that others call trash.

Again, my opinion, I'm sticking to it... I'll keep using the product but doubt I'll ever finish with it on any color.

-RP-

p.s. Sorry for being a bit snippy... I did two vehicles this weekend and I'm simply not in the mood to post. I should go to bed.

Last edited by Rockpick; 07-20-2008 at 10:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Meguiars Waterless Car Wash