Specialty Motoring Awesome towel vs. PakShak UltraPlush

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gators241987
The country quality difference opinion is shared by many.
I agree, it's not something new.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Suspended
The real question is...does it really matter? Doesn't it get to a point where being more plush just becomes a sales pitch?

I use the ADS towels and have NO complaints. They work well on windows and paint and I have never been let down. The 100 pack is $70.

Is it really worth paying over 5 times as much for a thicker towel? Why not double up the .70 cent towels?

I'm not trying to criticize, this is a serious question...

Old 07-20-2008, 06:06 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
Originally Posted by clambelly
and just what did everyone use before MF's became available?
Terry cloth bath towels.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:26 PM
esf
Originally Posted by Lumadar
The real question is...does it really matter? Doesn't it get to a point where being more plush just becomes a sales pitch?

I use the ADS towels and have NO complaints. They work well on windows and paint and I have never been let down. The 100 pack is $70.

Is it really worth paying over 5 times as much for a thicker towel? Why not double up the .70 cent towels?

I would think that at some point, too much is just too much. And at some point you'll probably sacrifice it's abiity to remove product as well. But a thicker towel will generally allow any dirt or product that gets wiped off to settle deeper in the towel where it won't be rubbed across the paint as easily.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:17 PM
glc
It gets to the point where I think some of you guys can look at a speck of fly **** on the paint and be able to tell what species of fly shat it and what it last ate.

Whatever, there's no arguing with results - it just doesn't really matter that much how you arrived there. I know for a fact that the OP can make a turd look like a brick of gold - and he has his favorite "go to" products and he experiments with various other stuff - but I bet you could hand him just about anything and he could still wind up with an outstanding job.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I agree, it's not something new.
It's just not true in this case. Besides, what matters more in MF, where they are "made" or where the materials come from?

Old 07-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Lumadar

Does it matter? As long as the result is the same, no. It's all personal preference.

That said, I do feel that some MF are safer for such things as QD'ing and LSP removal than others. That doesn't mean that I only use the more expensive towels. I have a bunch of different MF that get used at various times for various things. Heck, I even use the Wal-Mart cheapies.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:12 PM
OK. Since I had my dirty MF in the house to wash, I took a minute to take a couple more pictures. These are each of the different MFs that I have. Since detailing became more of a full-time thing than part-time, I've found that you go through a TON of towels, so I tend to pick up more every chance I get.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Old 07-20-2008, 09:16 PM

In all I've got mailorder towels from SM, PakShak, DFtowel, Megs, and ADS. There are also some Vikings from Kmart, Vroom from Target, and towels from WallyWorld. My wife believes I have a bit of a problem.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:25 PM
glc
3rd pic down - the light lime green one - is a Wallyworld towel, right?

Quick Reply: Specialty Motoring Awesome towel vs. PakShak UltraPlush