iPod Scratches

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 03:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPod Scratches

Hey guys so I have the old white style ipod that is just music without any video capability. The screen and white part is fairly scratched up as well as the rear metal part. I was wondering if maybe some of my car detailing supplies could remove or lessen these scratches. Maybe some m80? What works on the metal on the back? Anyone tried this before? This is totally random but who knows, maybe it could work

Old 08-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Megs Plast-X.

Also try Brasso.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by F-150_Octane
Megs Plast-X.

Ditto. I've used it one dvds and cds on several occations with good results.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:47 AM
Ok so I wish I would have taken before and after pictures of my ipod. The plast x worked really well, but there were still some larger scratches on it so I went to using a little bit of m85 and did a couple passes of it. After that I followed it back up with a couple more passes of Plast X. A TON of small scratches are gone and makes it look a lot better now. For the metal, brasso didn't work too well but NXT All Metal Polysh Worked Pretty well on clearing up some of the small swirls so I can now see my reflection in it. However there are still lots of swirls on it. Is there anything else I can use on the metal to remove the swirls?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: iPod Scratches