Black Wow Results Inside

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you do any prep/pre-cleaning? I was told to use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser before an application to strip all other dressing.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Nicky Pass
Did you do any prep/pre-cleaning? I was told to use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser before an application to strip all other dressing.
Only prep I did was washing the truck a day prior. Scrub the plastics good and thats enough. I had no other dressings on my trims. A dressing such as Hyper Dressing or so, follow the proper procedures to removing it and that should be good.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:51 PM
I just put mine on today....its amazing! I just washed the truck, then I used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the plastic and it worked GREAT!

Old 09-22-2008, 09:41 AM

I just put mine on today....its amazing! I just washed the truck, then I used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the plastic and it worked GREAT!
Awesome congrats. My trims have been through the cool & warm weather, sun & rain, pressure sprayer at the carwash, and scrubbed well while I wash it, still looks good! Long lasting, and alot more left to use, definitely worth the $30 I paid for it.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:55 PM
LRG
I just want to add my positive experience with Black Wow to the others already posted in this thread, I really like this product and haven't used any other product that has made my trim look as good.

It seems with most other trim detailers it looks nice and deep black after you spray it on, but then it dries and the color fades back to a grayish tone again. Black Wow really holds the nice deep black color and lasts quite a while (2-4 weeks in my experience).

Follow the directions, it's best to apply prior to washing or rewash after applying. Any little bit you get on the paint leaves greasy looking smears and it's not easy to remove so just be careful when applying. When I take my time I usually don't get any on the paint.

The price is a little high for such a small bottle, but it will last a long, long time. I've had my bottle for over a year now and done my truck regularly as well as several other vechicles and i've still got 1/2 bottle left.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by LRG
I just want to add my positive experience with Black Wow to the others already posted in this thread, I really like this product and haven't used any other product that has made my trim look as good.

It seems with most other trim detailers it looks nice and deep black after you spray it on, but then it dries and the color fades back to a grayish tone again. Black Wow really holds the nice deep black color and lasts quite a while (2-4 weeks in my experience).

Follow the directions, it's best to apply prior to washing or rewash after applying. Any little bit you get on the paint leaves greasy looking smears and it's not easy to remove so just be careful when applying. When I take my time I usually don't get any on the paint.

The price is a little high for such a small bottle, but it will last a long, long time. I've had my bottle for over a year now and done my truck regularly as well as several other vechicles and i've still got 1/2 bottle left.
Thats good to hear, I think I will be stick with my bottle for a long time then. I'll keep buying applicators for it.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Did you guys wipe the trim with a damp cloth after applying it?

Old 09-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Moderator &

Be **VERY** careful with the MC ME on any of the plastic on our trucks. I've seen the results FIRST HAND from someone who tried it on door handles to remove a little bit of sloppy wax application -- let's put it this way, he had to REPLACE the handles.

In the words of Hans from Hans & Frans... Hear me now and believe me lata.

On the rubber trim -- it's probably okay... on the plastic, well, I'd find another option.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Rockpick
Be **VERY** careful with the MC ME on any of the plastic on our trucks. I've seen the results FIRST HAND from someone who tried it on door handles to remove a little bit of sloppy wax application -- let's put it this way, he had to REPLACE the handles.

In the words of Hans from Hans & Frans... Hear me now and believe me lata.

On the rubber trim -- it's probably okay... on the plastic, well, I'd find another option.
I didn't press hard....
It seemed to work really good.

Quick Reply: Black Wow Results Inside