not very impressed

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not very impressed

I got a can of Megs Gold Class wax from a buddy. I have never tried it before, but last night I was bored and had a couple of hours to spare, so I waxed my Altima with it.

Compared to the NXT I use on my truck, I did not find the most favorable results with Gold Class. Granted, the Altima is not dark like my truck, its a tan metal flake, but there seems to be zero depth and the paint simply doesnt have a just waxed wet look/depth that 2 coats of NXT simulates. Had I known, I'd have simply used NXT on the car. I think the Gold Class will be used on my bikes and maybe the lawn tractor

Old 09-23-2008, 01:55 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Did you try it on top of some NXT?

Old 09-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Another point to GC is that the durability will likely be lackluster from that of what you're used to with the NXT...

While some LOVE GC, some don't care much for it... on top of NXT, it may add a bit of depth but, again, all of the 'beauty' in different products on different colors is in the eyes of the beholder...

Me, personally, I've never cared much for it as it was pricey, didn't last, and never really blew me away from an overall 'looks' perspective. While I do have a can on the shelf, it's been a long time since it's been a 'go-to' product in my stash.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm definitely a self proclaimed Meg's fanboy. However, while I love the GC soap But in concerning waxes I see GC, Nufinish, Turtlewax, Mothers as apples, apples, apples, and apples. now go to the other lines from Meg's and then you're talking oranges.

Just my $0.02

Old 09-24-2008, 08:25 AM
I think what I will do is strip it off and use some NXT, then maybe do as glc suggested, top the NXT with the GC....or maybe just do a second coat of NXT...I am concerned with durability as the car is actually my daily driver and winter is a few months away.

I dont know, Its probably all an individual preference. I am a Megs fan. But to make a baseball analogy- Megs hit a home run with NXT, with GC- probably just a single. I got the stuff for free, but its kind of pricey to buy it with just a blah result thats comparable to the lower priced waxes mentioned by Jolly.

One positive I can say about it, unlike lesser priced products like Nufinish, Turtle Wax, Mothers- it doesnt dust when removing. I hate to have to clean the dust off the vehicle after removing wax Although I admit I havent used the other products in years, maybe they dust less these days

Quick Reply: not very impressed