Buff it baby!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by hwm3
PBs ProPolish won't remove those defects. It will hide some of them, and add gloss to the paint, but it won't actually remove them.

That's correct, from what I understand about the product. PB PP is actually more of a chemical polish than an abrasive polish. As such, it may have a little more of a 'filling' ability versus that of a removal ability.

Also, despite the fact that it says 'non-abrasive', I've read that Steve ("THE" Poorboy) stated that it has some VERY minor (emphasis added) abrasives.

So, in a nutshell, relating it back to a chemical or two that I certainly understand and use -- I'd compare it to a #9 or a MPPC (Meg's Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner).

-RP-

Old 10-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Moderator &

PBs ProPolish won't remove those defects. It will hide some of them, and add gloss to the paint, but it won't actually remove them.

That's correct, from what I understand about the product. PB PP is actually more of a chemical polish than an abrasive polish. As such, it may have a little more of a 'filling' ability versus that of a removal ability.

Also, despite the fact that it says 'non-abrasive', I've read that Steve ("THE" Poorboy) stated that it has some VERY minor (emphasis added) abrasives.

So, in a nutshell, relating it back to a chemical or two that I certainly understand and use or have used -- I'd compare it to a #9 or a MPPC (Meg's Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner (discon'd)).

-RP-

Old 10-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PP is a pure chemical polish. It is as abrasive as you make it (does not contain abrasives). It can remove 2,000 grit wet sand marks and also be used as a final polish. PP also has no fillers in it and will not hide a thing what you see is what you get.

I would bet that it will get them out by hand with an aggressive terry cloth followed up by a final buff to remove the marring caused by the aggressive towel.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pockets
PP is a pure chemical polish. It is as abrasive as you make it (does not contain abrasives). It can remove 2,000 grit wet sand marks and also be used as a final polish. PP also has no fillers in it and will not hide a thing what you see is what you get.

I would bet that it will get them out by hand with an aggressive terry cloth followed up by a final buff to remove the marring caused by the aggressive towel.
Sorry. I don't mean to be rude, but there is ZERO chance that PP will remove those swirls, or 2,000 grit wet sand marks. This will require abrasive compounds to fully fix, which PP does not have.

I use PP, and use it often. The difference is I don't use it to remove defects, I use it as a final gloss enhancer after all defect removal is complete.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Here are some pictures of what I ended up with. These were actually taken a day after it had been cleaned because I forgot to grab the camera.

This is what I did...

Wash Gold Class
Clayed with Meguiar's kit
DC Step 1
DC Step 2
NXT 2.0

I still want to buff it out good but just haven't got around to buying a good buffer yet. The DC did a decent job of getting out alot of the really noticeable stuff but you can still see a little when the light hits it just right. I wanted to top of with #26 but my friends called me up to go out boating and I can't say no to that!

This pics aren't the best because it was starting to get dark out.

Last edited by ToofastFX; 10-14-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Old 10-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Looks pretty good. I too do not have a buffer and i'm starting to get light swirls.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Moderator &

Nice work!

Quick Reply: Buff it baby!