Hyper Dressing Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hyper Dressing Questions!

I'm looking into picking up some basic supplies from ADS and I'm curious about Hyper Dressing.. I've searched around and everyone seems to agree that it works pretty well for detailing tires, trim and etc. Question is, I'm pretty sloppy with sprays.. is it okay to use on my wheels too? I have Procomp 7005s, the black powdercoat look, and in the past I've always just sprayed down the wheels with tire shine too.. I don't see this could be a negative (no damage from what I can tell)..

Anywho.. can HyperDressing be used on my black wheels too after they're cleaned? I'd rather get it all done at once, so I'm just trying to keep it simple.

What are some other good sprays and stuff I should be looking into buying? I've heard BlackWow is good for plastic trim.. What should I use for my black leather interior and interior trim like the dash and etc..?

What do you guys use to hand wash your trucks? MF cloth, sponge, mitt or what?

Old 10-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Truck looks good. HD should be safe for your wheels. I spray my frame rails with it all the time. Nothing beats Black Wow for exterior trim. My favorite for the interior plastic, leather seats is Optimum Protectant. I like it much better than 303. Smells good too.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meguiar's Detailer Line Leather Cleaner and Conditioner is my "go to" leather product.

If you like the "glossy" interior look on your dash and doors, Hyperdressing (cut 4:1) can be used for that too.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zeruin
What do you guys use to hand wash your trucks? MF cloth, sponge, mitt or what?
I used to use cotton chenille wash mitts but now i have switched over to these babies

Its a MF chenille wash mitt works great and you can get them at BJ's the trade craft ones. Only down side is the hand cuff is not microfiber but i will be getting ones soon that have a microfiber hand cuff that will be much safer.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:32 PM
esf

Regarded as one of the best wash mitts. Available at ADS.

BlackWow is amazing. I used it the last time I washed my truck and fell in love with it. It's tough buying such a small bottle for the cost but you use so little product that it's well worth it.

Hyperdressing shouldn't hurt the wheels, though I'd venture to say it won't give you the best look for a matte wheel. I could be wrong though. I would think it would attract dust and dirt as well on a wheel but then again, my tires don't attract anything so who knows. I just don't think it would adhere very well to it.

I use Adams VRT on my interior. The look, to me, just can't be beat. Chemical Guys VRP is the same stuff, different label. It's a bit cheaper as well I believe. Optimum Protectant and Poorboy's Natural Look are others I hear great things about.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Hey esf - Where in Bethlehem are you located? I live in Whitehall and work for the City. Would like to touch base with you about detailing. Could you send me a PM?

Thanks

Old 10-05-2008, 12:25 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
B&W, you can't receive PM's till you have 100 posts.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Make some templates out of cardboard to cover your wheels when you spray down. Then you only have to wipe the lip down.

Quick Reply: Hyper Dressing Questions!