Truck got stolen!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06yz250f
thats exactly why i want to get rid of my screen. my apartment complex is the nicest on campus and we have had *** holes screwing up cars multiple times this year and the apartment wont add cameras to the back side where i am forced to park. they said they would tow me if i parked anywhere else in the apartment complex.
This sounds really familiar... forced to park where I do, no cameras.

Funny, I almost went to Auburn...Guess I'm bad at choosing safe schools...

BTW-- UW had 250 vehicles stolen last year. UT had less than 5, and SMU had less than 10... It seems that the most expensive school of the 3 cant keep security at the dorms (garage under the dorm...) Hopefully this information will help me get my parking sticker reimbursed...

Old 10-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss. How did they get it? Flatbed or lock pick?

Originally Posted by 06yz250f
the apartment wont add cameras to the back side where i am forced to park.
How about this, my apt complex has cameras:
Being blocked by overgrown trees
Pointed at the ground/wall
NOT EVEN CONNECTED TO A RECORDER/MONITOR

I found this out when some knuckle dragger tried to steal my truck. I guess he got frustrated with that tasked and ripped out my Pioneer AVIC D2.

I asked the management for the tapes and they said they could not release them to me, So I had the Officer ask. Should have seen my face when I found out they didn't have any tapes.

Best of luck to you and hope you can resolve the whole ID issue.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Man, that really sucks! Just once I would like to catch the a-holes that do this kind of stuff and the vandalizing. Tie a serpentine belt around their sack and drag'em from my tow hitch. Hope the insurance company dose'nt screw you!

Old 10-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Suspended
its ok, my apt complex doesnt have cameras either. thats why i have 3 fully loaded guns within 10 ft of me and my truck is about 100 ft away. if my truck alarm goes off, someone better have on their PF Flyers.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:23 PM
I feel so sorry for you. My heart breaks thinking about my truck getting stolen. I go to Ramapo College of New Jersey and they have cameras in the parking lot, but I don't know how useful they are. Last year, a bunch of cars got broken into for the cd players. I take the face off, and when you look inside the truck it looks completely stock- I take my GPS out, the CD face, etc... plus security drives around all the time. I hope insurance doesn't **** you over, but most importantly good luck with the ID problem.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear man that really bits but at least you have done everything you could have done to help yourself out.

Good luck to you

Old 10-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by bigredtruck06fx
its ok, my apt complex doesnt have cameras either. thats why i have 3 fully loaded guns within 10 ft of me and my truck is about 100 ft away. if my truck alarm goes off, someone better have on their PF Flyers.
I would; I did at home in TX, but now that I'm here in WA and my truck lived about 300 yards away in a garage, I not only wouldn't see/hear it, but living in the dorms = no guns (well, not legally, but I try to avoid trouble if its not worth the return... like having guns in the room...)

Anywho, I used to take everything out of the truck... Unfortunately the one time I didnt is the time it gets stolen. However, without a truck, what good is the GPS? I mean, I will eventually have another car, but since I have comprehensive, I should get enough to get a new GPS.

Also, yes, I had a ka-jillion dollars worth of detailing goodies... But then again, with the check I get for it all, I will likely not get some of the stuff I had before. Lets not forget that a lot of stuff accumulates over the years and you end up with a lot of money's worth of stuff but that isn't used too often... As such, I think most of the money for the stuff in it will go toward getting a nicer car than what the vehicle insurance itself would cover... If, that is, you can do that...

But yeah, now that I have done everything I can do, I am a LOT more relaxed, knowing that since there is nothing else I can do, I can just wait and see. There is no need to be inordinately pissed or depressed now, so I am more or less felling normal... So I guess that all the thoughts/prayers have been working wonders for me... That said, thank you all for the support!

Okay... I need to pay attention to this Math lecture...

Old 10-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
best of luck.

I had a friend that had her dodge ram stolen, and she settled with the insurance, then they found the truck 2.5 months after the settlement was made

Old 10-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Suspended
Sorry to hear Hopefully you get your truck back and justice is served.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by john1102
Sorry to hear it man. The two kinds of people that I really hate are liars and thieves. I hope you get your truck back in one piece...
Yeah, I hate lawyers and insurance people too!
Sorry for your loss sport03.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:28 PM
UPDATE:

I FOUND MY TRUCK!!!!!!!!

I'll give the whole story here so I only have to write it once... Check sometime tomorrow... I've got to do homework right now... Just thought I'd let you all know.

EDIT: ignore sig- i"ll update that later

Last edited by f-150sport03; 11-03-2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: sig
Old 11-04-2008, 07:56 AM
Tease Congrats on finding it (I think). Hopefully it's not too messed up

Old 11-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Okay-- sorry for the delay... I'll keep trying to get the full story as I get time... here's the gist of it.

I came back from Sailing Saturday, and got out of the van and started heading towards the Ave to get lunch with friends.... I then saw my truck sitting there in the parking lot.. I can't post my words here, but they were along the line of HOLY F*$&!!! That's my F&$%ing truck!!!...

So I called the police and arranged to meet with them (I had no ID at the time) in a few hours.... Long story short, they get there, go through the story with me, go through the truck with me, and we determine a few things:

1. Nothing was stolen (that I know of yet... but some high dollar stuff was in plain sight-- like my Oakleys they moved and the stuff in the back they went through but left...)
2. The truck was driven less than 100 miles, but it was a hard 100 miles-- the clutch felt funny that day and it had burned almost to empty; I should get around 400-500 miles per tank, and I only had 90-100 on there myself
3. It was NOT DAMAGED; however, it is a bit unnerving that the truck was gotten into, the PATS bypassed/disabled/etc, then driven off...
4. Normally, cheap thieves like to break stuff to make it easier...this looked professional, except the fact that the truck was less than 2 miles from the place it started at.
5. The police chief said that a lot of people steal cars solely as transportation then leave them without stealing anything else... Guess that may be it... Fortunately, they locked it back for me.
6. based on the weather/conditions of the road/etc, we determined that it had been there for anywhere between 2-14 days... Paking enforcement never saw the thing... (although today I got a parking ticket for being in the wrong lot for less than an hour at 0630 this morning... no cars are ever there except after 8... I'm fighting that one, but that's a different story...)

Anywho, I'll try to work on this to get any last info I can... just keep emailing me to get it up here and I'll remember to do so.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Good to hear you got your truck back. Any Evidence on who stole your truck inside?

Old 11-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Man that sounds weird. At least you got your truck back!

Quick Reply: Truck got stolen!!!