Megs detailing kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Megs detailing kit?

Going to break down and buy myself a detailing kit for xmas and i saw this at autoanything.com

Was wondering if this would be a good starter kit and if the price is alright? Don't want to spend more than i have, but not worried if i have to spend it.

Heres the link: Meg detailing kit at auto anything

I liked this kit because it came with the DA, the waxes, quik detailer and MF towels. This will be my first detailing kit as well as first detail on the truck if i get it (about a year and a half old). It gets washed atleast one a week and a coat of wax is always on just looking to get her shining up better than the day i brought her home. Any tips on use of the DA besides wats in the sticky would be appreciated and any comments on the kit, what i need to get besides that or anything i should know about one of the products etc.

Thanks.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Before I bought there, I'd check out www.autodetailingsolutions.com

They have kits and are HIGHLY recommended by a LOT of us that are long-timers here... Generally speaking, Rick is one of only about 3 vendors that I do my online detailing 'stuff' business with...

Old 11-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Rockpick
Before I bought there, I'd check out www.autodetailingsolutions.com

They have kits and are HIGHLY recommended by a LOT of us that are long-timers here... Generally speaking, Rick is one of only about 3 vendors that I do my online detailing 'stuff' business with...
Yep, I'd go with a kit from Rick. I've been buying from him for years and the service is excellent.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the reply, ill check it out.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:21 PM
I agree with everyone else. When I first started many members put me onto ADS (autodetailingsolutions.com) and I've been hooked ever since.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:32 AM
That's a pretty nice kit for a beginner however they have a dual action polisher in the kit but don't provide any product to use with it, aside from the NXT 2.0 that most apply by hand. With that said, if you wanted to actually remove swirls from your paint you'd still have to buy other products, and more pads most likely.

Rick from ADS is a really helpful guy and I've never had any problems with my orders from him. And believe me, he's got quite a chunk of my money.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Look into the ADS ( auto detailing solutions ) kits as already stated, great people to deal with and good prices. I will be buying my first detail kit from them this coming spring.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:12 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
ADS will also mix and match and substitute with their kits - so you get exactly what you want.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the replies yet again! i looked at the site last night and seems decently priced. was looking at the NXT supreme car care kit. would u recomend buying a kit such as that or piecing together an order. I dont really have a preference on gold class over nxt or anthing like that. just beginner. only detail the trucks received is a weekly bath with the gold class wash.

Also the truck has minor scratches/swirles would the NXT kit help remove any of that? or what else would i have to get to deal with those. 2 minor scratches u cant even feel below bed rail (hit it with my boots after workin in some loose gravel and i hit it pretty hard. and minor swirls just from dirt and washing etc. (normal for a yr old truck)

Thx

Old 11-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Like the others posted before I would buy one of the kits from ADS because I think that you get the most bang for your buck that way and you can pretty much build your own kit if you call Rick. The NXT wont remove the swirls and scratches it will only hide them you need an abrasive polish to remove the swirls and polish. I would probably recomend Megs #80 because I have found it to give pretty decent result in my experince with it so far and its easy to use.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by dsq3973
The NXT wont remove the swirls and scratches it will only hide them you need an abrasive polish to remove the swirls and polish. I would probably recomend Megs #80 because I have found it to give pretty decent result in my experince with it so far and its easy to use.
That's assuming that you're using a DA. You won't get much of a result using #80 by hand, as with pretty much any abrasive swirl remover or polish.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Val3ntin0
That's assuming that you're using a DA. You won't get much of a result using #80 by hand, as with pretty much any abrasive swirl remover or polish.
I was basing my advice off of the link that he had in his first post that has a DA included in it. And you are right you will be hard pressed to remove any defects from the paint doing it by hand that is unless you are Popeye.

Quick Reply: Megs detailing kit?