Whats everyone do in the winter months?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am lucky enough to live in CA.

Before the big storms come (usually do it over the turkey holiday) I do a FULL detail. Everything and anything. Try and get her well protected. I go until I feel I am done. After that, the truck gets pretty damn dirty in between washes. I do a lot of off-roading as well, plus my tires stick WAY out of my fenders, so I am covered in road grime even when its only wet outside. I am pretty OCD (no where near you guys) and I do what i can to keep it clean. Winter simply means longer break between cleaning, thats all.

I own a ford truck not a rolls, it gets dirty and its cold,it can stay that way until it warms up.
I also own a Ford, but I take pride in my vehicle. I get mine coated heavily in mud, then get home after the trip, and start cleaning. Nothing wrong in having pride in what you drive. IMO, the condition of your truck, and the way you take care of it, tells A LOT about the kinda person ya are. Just my opinion though.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:30 PM
i strongly agree with that bottom part you wrote! i paid for everything on my truck and like to try and keep it in tip top shape

Old 11-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Ahhhh yes, the winter months. Finally get to work on the truck without sweating all over it. You can actually touch the body without a first degree burn. I even had to put on a sweatshirt Saturday morning !!!!!

Rick
06 F-150 Black Scab

Old 11-24-2008, 06:08 PM
i did my truck yesterday. just a basic wash and then some nxt paste (seems to last quite long for me), threw some liquid wax on bottoms of doors. polished my rims up nicely used the powerball for the first time, i must say that makes life much easier! all ya gotta do is buff a little with a towel and they look better than ever.

Old 11-27-2008, 02:34 PM
I guess that I am lucky. My employer allows me to pull my truck into the bay, let warm up & then get busy washing it (don't even have to pay for water). I when ever I have time between calls and after the station work is done. Sometimes working for 24 hrs is a good thing. :santa:

Old 12-01-2008, 04:01 AM
Since the garage I'm in at school at the Univ. of Washington in Seattle doesn't have water, I havent even washed it since I got here... I know, its shameful, but what else am I to do?!

but if you have access to water and a garage, then go for it... Honestly, I'm one to stay warm, but its all personal preference man...

(one nasty thing about seattle is that no matter how much you try to keep something clean, its nasty again in a few days cuz of the raiin... Bob Saget!)

Old 12-01-2008, 04:02 AM
Originally Posted by hdff2002
I guess that I am lucky. My employer allows me to pull my truck into the bay, let warm up & then get busy washing it (don't even have to pay for water). I when ever I have time between calls and after the station work is done. Sometimes working for 24 hrs is a good thing. :santa:
I remember having this advantage... but now that I am on administrative leave to go to school some more, I cant do this... Shucky Durn!)

Quick Reply: Whats everyone do in the winter months?