Colored wax?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 10:58 PM
ZSK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colored wax?

After the last time waxing my truck I just can't stand it anymore. Waxing a white truck sucks. I have a very hard time telling where I start and stop. It's been about a month since I last waxed my truck and I still see spots where I didn't buff all of the wax off.

Is there a wax that has some sort of tint to it? Red, blue, green, I just need something that will show up easier on a white truck.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Poorboys Natty's Red. Good for light colors, too.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:52 AM
I share your pain since I can't see jack with my white truck too . What helped me is I learned to wax using imaginary panels. I break the area up into sections (imaginary panels) at a time using landmarks like headlights, grill, side view mirros, fenders, etc.. I also use overlapping circles and I don't stop until I've finished the section. Don't move on to the next section until you've finished the previous one. I use this technique for both applying and removing wax. It sounds corny, but it works.

Put it this way, if you missed a few spots, noone will ever notice. That's the beauty of white paint.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by kaliscrew2k2
I share your pain since I can't see jack with my white truck too . What helped me is I learned to wax using imaginary panels. I break the area up into sections (imaginary panels) at a time using landmarks like headlights, grill, side view mirros, fenders, etc.. I also use overlapping circles and I don't stop until I've finished the section. Don't move on to the next section until you've finished the previous one. I use this technique for both applying and removing wax. It sounds corny, but it works.

Put it this way, if you missed a few spots, noone will ever notice. That's the beauty of white paint.
QD the whole truck and hit problem spots twice if you need after you buff your truck to get rid of any left over residue.

Quick Reply: Colored wax?