Meguiars M205

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zaairman
What type of pad would you recommend with 105?
With the PC I start with a white LC CCS pad, and if more cut is need I'll go to the orange LC CCS pad. Keep in mind though that if you have to use the orange CCS pad you'll need to follow with something to remove the haze you'll get with 105 and an orange pad. I usually follow 105/orange with 105/white on the PC.

Hope that helps.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Zaairman
What type of pad would you recommend with 105?
I'm a huge fan of the Meg's So1o pad. No, it's not recommended with the PC but, I've had *EXCELLENT* results.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rockpick
I'm a huge fan of the Meg's So1o pad. No, it's not recommended with the PC but, I've had *EXCELLENT* results.
RP,

I've got Meg's Cutting, Polishing and Finishing pads. Which one is the So1o pad? Is it something comepletely different? I've been using the Polishing pad on my PC with the M105 with pretty decent results, but I'm always looking for a better way. Thanks!

Old 11-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Diamond Foam pads... See here: http://www.autodetailingsolutions.co...olo-system.htm

I think the benefit of these pads is that it 'holds' a bit of product in the cross-cut and can evenly distribute the pad as you're working the product. My personal opinion/experience is that these don't work quite as well with a diminishing abrasives product (like M83 or M80) as the product stays in a constant 'flux' of breaking down or having been broke down.

So, in short, I think there's huge potential for the Diamond / Cross-Cut pads and these newer 'non-diminishing abrasives' products.

-RP-

Old 11-24-2008, 05:09 PM
esf
I've had very little success with the SSR line aside from actually having to use the yellow CCS pad and SSR3 to remove swirls on an 06 Mazda 6. I used 105 with my PC and a 4" orange CCS pad on speed 5 and got amazing results on the severely neglected roof of my Expedition. If I could have followed up with Menzerna 106 on a white pad or even black pad I think it would have been perfect but with the limited amount of time I had I was more than happy going straight to my LSP.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by esf
I've had very little success with the SSR line aside from actually having to use the yellow CCS pad and SSR3 to remove swirls on an 06 Mazda 6. I used 105 with my PC and a 4" orange CCS pad on speed 5 and got amazing results on the severely neglected roof of my Expedition. If I could have followed up with Menzerna 106 on a white pad or even black pad I think it would have been perfect but with the limited amount of time I had I was more than happy going straight to my LSP.
I love my PB products but for correction work I reach for the 105 first now. You are correct, I've been abel to use 105 and go right to LSP...the only thing that is on my truck right now is 105 and Opti-Seal. Its a great combo and now I get to put some Wet Obsession on top to see how that does.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I love my PB products but for correction work I reach for the 105 first now. You are correct, I've been abel to use 105 and go right to LSP...the only thing that is on my truck right now is 105 and Opti-Seal. Its a great combo and now I get to put some Wet Obsession on top to see how that does.
i wanted to try danase wet glaze on my next detail. where would that fit in?

Old 11-25-2008, 05:08 PM
esf
Originally Posted by Big Slick
i wanted to try danase wet glaze on my next detail. where would that fit in?
I picked up some Danase awhile ago but haven't gotten a chance to use it yet. I will this winter during lay off though. DWG can be layered and topped. I plan on using it after all the correction work is done and before I apply my LSP which will probably be Wet Obsession again but I haven't decided. Might want to try something new. I have a lot of stuff and I always forget about it until I read about it on forums again. You can use DWG to top your LSP as well.

Last edited by esf; 11-25-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Hey esf,
Can you email me at Gutenberg1456@aol.com? I'd like to talk to you about detailing sometime.

Quick Reply: Meguiars M205