Recommendations please

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 02:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommendations please

It's been a bit since I've "detailed" the Expy, and with the end of school coming up, I'm going to have some free time. Also have a friend's A4 to play around with, and try some new stuff.

Up to now, I've been using a Meg's G100 polisher, with a yellow polishing Meg's pad (W8000?), with M80 as the polishing liquid. As some of you may know, this combo sometimes takes a bit of time to achieve somewhat decent results. So I was wondering what I could do?

Should I get smaller pads (4"-5" ?) and keep on using the M80 so the polish breaks down faster?

Should I get some M105 and keep the same Meg's pads?

Get M105 and smaller pads?

Say screw it and get a Flex (though this one might now happen anytime soon...)

I know the M105 isn't meant for DA use (or has that changed yet?), but I've read some good stuff with people using it with a DA.

TIA for any suggestions...

Old 11-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, If everything goes as planned, I'm going to be working on the fiance's A4 this weekend. I just picked up my bottle of M105, so I *should* be able to tell you my thoughts on it this weekend.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by ELVATO
It's been a bit since I've "detailed" the Expy, and with the end of school coming up, I'm going to have some free time. Also have a friend's A4 to play around with, and try some new stuff.

Up to now, I've been using a Meg's G100 polisher, with a yellow polishing Meg's pad (W8000?), with M80 as the polishing liquid. As some of you may know, this combo sometimes takes a bit of time to achieve somewhat decent results. So I was wondering what I could do?

Should I get smaller pads (4"-5" ?) and keep on using the M80 so the polish breaks down faster?

Should I get some M105 and keep the same Meg's pads?

Get M105 and smaller pads?

Say screw it and get a Flex (though this one might now happen anytime soon...)

I know the M105 isn't meant for DA use (or has that changed yet?), but I've read some good stuff with people using it with a DA.

TIA for any suggestions...
Try the 105 first with what you have or wait for 205.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:03 PM
esf
I agree with RR. Try 105 with what you have. Smaller pads would help you out a bit too though. If you don't plan on updating your machine anytime soon, I'd go ahead and just get yourself some smaller pads. The new 105 is formulated for use with DA in addition to it's original methods however the old formula works well with a DA, too.