Meg's Ultimate Quick Detailer

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumadar
The two products have two different intended uses.

The original Quik Detailer is meant to be used as a cleaner, and clay lubricant. The new Ultimate Quik Detailer is a beautifying agent that also provides a substantial amount of water sheeting ability.

I personally use Meguiar's Last Touch as my first step of "quick detailing" as the lubricity is just plain amazing. It also tends to darken the paint.

Then I follow that step with a step of UQD. The final results are ridiculous and it will SHEET water off of the car like you have never seen before. It's legit.
I was going to purchase Megs Last Touch but opted for #34 Final Inspection instead. Which one of these two do you think will do a better job when used as a cleaner (like Quik Detailer) b/t washes.

And if you use Megs Last Touch as your first step of "quik detailing" why not #34 Final Insp.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:52 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by pmason718
I was going to purchase Megs Last Touch but opted for #34 Final Inspection instead. Which one of these two do you think will do a better job when used as a cleaner (like Quik Detailer) b/t washes.

And if you use Megs Last Touch as your first step of "quik detailing" why not #34 Final Insp.
I would also be intersted in this. I used the original QD all last year with no complaints... Im abouit to place an order with ADS for my upcoming detail and saw all the QD's then found this thread..

Old 01-18-2009, 05:23 PM
the uqd is amazing. i have nxt 2.0 wax and using ultimate rather then regular, it beads relentlessly like it says on the bottle and looks alot shinner than regular qd in my opinion. i love the smell as well haha good stuff

Old 01-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by FX4life
I would also be intersted in this. I used the original QD all last year with no complaints... Im abouit to place an order with ADS for my upcoming detail and saw all the QD's then found this thread..
Sorry Mason and Fx4life, I missed this until now.

I use Last Touch diluted 50/50 as clay lube because it works amazingly well, smells awesome, and is suggested to be used that way by Meguiar's.

I actually do not use Last Inspection, only UQD, M135, and Last Touch.

Last Touch is supposed to have the HIGHEST lubricity out of all of Meg's QDs, which is why I choose LT at 100% strength for any QD'ing/cleaning, and then follow it up with UQD/M135 if I have the time for the added depth and protection.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:29 PM
The two products have two different intended uses.

The original Quik Detailer is meant to be used as a cleaner, and clay lubricant. The new Ultimate Quik Detailer is a beautifying agent that also provides a substantial amount of water sheeting ability.

I personally use Meguiar's Last Touch as my first step of "quick detailing" as the lubricity is just plain amazing. It also tends to darken the paint.

Then I follow that step with a step of UQD. The final results are ridiculous and it will SHEET water off of the car like you have never seen before. It's legit.
x2

Old 01-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Not a fan of UQD.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:31 AM
Sorry Mason and Fx4life, I missed this until now.

I use Last Touch diluted 50/50 as clay lube because it works amazingly well, smells awesome, and is suggested to be used that way by Meguiar's.

I actually do not use Last Inspection, only UQD, M135, and Last Touch.

Last Touch is supposed to have the HIGHEST lubricity out of all of Meg's QDs, which is why I choose LT at 100% strength for any QD'ing/cleaning, and then follow it up with UQD/M135 if I have the time for the added depth and protection.
Cool. I will give LT a try. Like I said b4 I wanted to last year when I placed an order but I opted for #34 b/c a member here recommended it. Given my truck color and my ladys car color (red) do you think LT will give a glossier (if that's a word) shine than #34.

Quick Reply: Meg's Ultimate Quick Detailer