New England Grime

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 08:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
Speaking of that - if the temperature is below freezing, it's best to leave it alone and not wash it at all. What we have been discussing here applies only if it's above freezing and you can get it washed and dried before it goes below freezing again. When it's below freezing, the crud is dry and is not eating anything up.
Eggs-zachery. Few days ago, it was in the 50's or so here, and I really wanted to get out and wash her, but didn't get the chance. And I cannot see going out, doing a half assed job "just because".

I have a feeling I'll have to deal with her looking like a DSG F150 rather than a deep black F150 til the spring. Then I'll just be careful, go slow and prolly invest in a Gilmore.

Just wondering if anyone had any tip/techniques that are tried and true.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:18 AM
I've traded in a few vehicles in my time, and often get the same comment. "You must've washed it a lot on the winter because this thing is still in great shape".
That's tried and true.
Add that to anything else I've mentioned, or just leave it til spring.

Good luck.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:23 AM
After reading this thread I guess I shouldn't complain about sweating in December, eh?

Rick,
Sunny Florida

Old 01-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by shootnstarz
After reading this thread I guess I shouldn't complain about sweating in December, eh?

Rick,
Sunny Florida
Rub it in too.

Although, we'll be driving down in Feb to visit my grandparents (not under the best circumstances though). So if anyone in Fla. sees a black FX4 covered in crap (not mud)... that'll be me.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
There is more going on than just the paint.
I have bought two beautiful cars from New Hampshire.

My mechanic down here in Virginia is used to seeing the local vehicles from around here.

The first time he was underneath each of mine he said, "This car is from New England isn't it?"

Quick Reply: New England Grime