advice for black paint

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MAD IN NC
I agree with everything Juztang- but, Zaino keeps me in the garage and away from the wife

Regarding prep - the clay bar is a must, first. What I really like about Zaino is the more coats you can lay on, the deeper it appears
Z is pretty good stuff but, I've never been as blown away by it as some have. I have it and have used it several times but, it's just another product in my array that is good at times whereas, at other times, I feel like another combo of products may be more advantageous...

Now... back to what RR asked earlier.... have any other pics of that Cali Special Stang? (I think that's what it is?)

Old 01-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks fo rthe advice on the zaino...I might give it a try as well as the plethera of other **** I bought to try out....trial and error I guess. Black Hawaiian...i'm in your boat as well. My truck gets washed every shift during the summer at the station......gettin paid to wash your **** and on the city's water bill to boot. And I already got the blower to it...that works way better than the chamoise method. Thanks

Old 01-17-2009, 05:10 PM
As you can see there are numerous things you can do to keep your black truck clean looking. Some other tricks I picked up over the past few years working for dealerships and trying to keep lot cars looking decent. First and foremost is never ever use a mechanical car wash. Hand washing is best, but it you need a wash but don't have time, then only use a touch-free. Second, if you are doing a quick wash and dry, don't use any towels or cloths or chamois to dry it. Use a water blade, water blades remove the water in sheets, they do not absorb it leaving some spots behind. The only thing is, the vehicle must be very clean, any dirt or grit will cause scratches with a water blade. Black vehicles take lots of time and effort to keep clean, and since your is a Saleen, not a 4x4 you can't use the mud excuse. Keep a good quality wax on the paint, http://www.superiorautomotivecompany.com/Polyshield.asp, this is what I have used (working for a dealer I got it for free) and it works great. Not available in stores though. For full complete detailing any of the product mentioned already will work.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by bigred33
As you can see there are numerous things you can do to keep your black truck clean looking. Some other tricks I picked up over the past few years working for dealerships and trying to keep lot cars looking decent. First and foremost is never ever use a mechanical car wash. Hand washing is best, but it you need a wash but don't have time, then only use a touch-free. Second, if you are doing a quick wash and dry, don't use any towels or cloths or chamois to dry it. Use a water blade, water blades remove the water in sheets, they do not absorb it leaving some spots behind. The only thing is, the vehicle must be very clean, any dirt or grit will cause scratches with a water blade. Black vehicles take lots of time and effort to keep clean, and since your is a Saleen, not a 4x4 you can't use the mud excuse. Keep a good quality wax on the paint, http://www.superiorautomotivecompany.com/Polyshield.asp, this is what I have used (working for a dealer I got it for free) and it works great. Not available in stores though. For full complete detailing any of the product mentioned already will work.

This one time at Band Camp....

Old 01-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by bigred33
Only thing that would ever touch is glass.

I wouldn't reccomend that around here

Old 01-23-2009, 03:57 PM
I personally use Mothers 3step detailer its a pre wax, glaze/sealer, then wax and it keep sit shining pretty good. I also take it into a detail shop bout once a year and get it buffed. But I've also learned (this being my first black truck) to just accept that its not gonna stay clean for very long haha.

Quick Reply: advice for black paint