Is APC+ good for tires AND wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is APC+ good for tires AND wheels?

Can I use APC+ on both my wheels and tires? Has anyone tried this with success? An all-in-one tire/wheel cleaner would be awesome. Trying to consolidate.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:56 PM
esf
This has been discussed recently. Personally, I only use it on heavily soiled coated wheels. I wouldn't use it on any bare metal wheels like chrome or bare polished aluminum. It does work great on tires though. If you're really trying to consolidate, you don't have to look any farther than your car wash solution. That's really the best and safest method to clean your wheels. Just use a dedicated wash mitt. One that's just for wheels and will never touch paint. Just do the wheels last and use your left over wash solution.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Does it whiten raised white lettering well?

I've been using Westley's for awhile w/ no wheel issues. I try to keep it off as best as possible, but I'd still rather switch to another product. I was trying to decide b/w APC+ and simple green. Leaning on APC+ for tires, wheel wells, engine bay,etc. Would you agree?

Old 01-08-2009, 10:31 PM
esf
I imagine it would do a good job on white letters. I actually haven't tried it on white letters yet. And I've never used Simple Green. Before APC+ I was using Adam's APC which also worked good. The good thing about Simple Green is that you can get it locally.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Yes, APC+ will clean your raised white letters.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by hwm3
Yes, APC+ will clean your raised white letters.

I know it will clean white letters b/c I use it but dam your transformation looks good. What type of brush did you use to scrub it? As a matter of fact take a pic of that brush, I swear I need it.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Thanks guys. Got some in the mail as we speak.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:36 AM
I just use a stiff nylon brush to do white letters with APC+. I used a stiffer brush before but over time it started to eat away at the rubber surrounding the letters.

I use it diluted on my wheels. It's probably overkill and I have to be careful not to let it dry on the wheels. I just find it easier and faster than scrubbing them by hand. (I'm lazy) So I accept the risk involved.

But I do get decent results. This was just APC+ diluted followed by a pressure washer, then HyperDressing.

Quick Reply: Is APC+ good for tires AND wheels?