Steps to use!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Steps to use!!

OKay im about to head to walmart and get some of the new megs swirl remover for my 03 supercrew. These are the steps i am thinking are right correct me if im wrong

1.wash
2.dry
3.clay
4.Megs swirl remover
5.mothers cleaner wax
6.mothers synwax

is That the right order? I was looking at the truck yesterday and there are just a few swirls around on the truck nothing bad at all. Also im ordering the wolfgang 3.0 sealer so on the next wash the wolfgang 3.0 is the very last step right?

Oh and also on the megs Hyper Dressing it is awesome stuff but i am using way to much i went threw 3/4 of a bottle on the tires and underneath the fenders. Im using the highflow nozzle and it just seems like im wasting it. Any suggestions on this or is this amount normal.

Last edited by KingRanchCoy; 01-13-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:56 AM
esf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been ages since I've used Mothers waxes for anything. I'm not 100% on this but since the paint cleaner is carnauba and the Synwax is a synthetic spray wax it's probably not a great idea to use the carnauba first. The Synwax won't bond properly. And the cleaner wax being what it is, it's probably not a good idea to use it to top anything as it will remove some or all of the previous product. The cleaner wax is more of a one step wax. Wolfgang 3.0 is another synthetic wax. It should take the place of your initial protection step but can be followed by a carnauba wax for added looks, so long as the carnauba doesn't have any cleaning or polishing properties to it.

As for HyperDressing. I use a ton of it everytime I use it. Maybe more than I need to but so be it. I use a Chemical Resistant Spray nozzle. I know it's not necessary but I figure why not. If I ever decide to use it for something else, atleast it has that capability. I don't think a high flow nozzle is necessary. I've never tried one though either.

Quick Reply: Steps to use!!