What's the best way to seal air leak on passenger side window?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's the best way to seal air leak on passenger side door?

The rubber around the top of the door is good (not dry or cracked) but it has come away from the door frame. I had tried some adhesive to hold it in place, but it didn't. It's very annoying to hear this leak, especially on the highway. Is there a better adhesive to use? Replace the whole piece? Where's the best source? I'll have to wait a while, too cold now in Wisconsin, but first thing in Spring I need to fix this. Thanks

Last edited by wolfman13; 01-17-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfman13
The rubber around the top of the door is good (not dry or cracked) but it has come away from the door frame. I had tried some adhesive to hold it in place, but it didn't. It's very annoying to hear this leak, especially on the highway. Is there a better adhesive to use? Replace the whole piece? Where's the best source? I'll have to wait a while, too cold now in Wisconsin, but first thing in Spring I need to fix this. Thanks
Not sure this is the place for this question, you may get better results in another area of the site.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wasn't sure where to put it. Not much came up searching for it. Where do you recommend putting it?

Old 01-17-2009, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfman13
Wasn't sure where to put it. Not much came up searching for it. Where do you recommend putting it?
I would try other body or the 1997-03 F150 section.

I think I know what you are talking about. That seal is a ring that goes all the way around the door frame and under the kick plate..I don't think that part would be expensive to replace.

Quick Reply: What's the best way to seal air leak on passenger side window?