Black Leather.......give me something

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Leather.......give me something

Well I have all black leather interior, and my daughter spilled milk on them from her sippie cups, and now it has dried on, I was wondering has anyone used those armor all leather wipes? Are those worth getting, do they work well as far as cleaning the leather, and helping to keep it looking new and shiny? Or is there something else out there that I can buy from in store that does a better job, and is not a arm and a leg price wise? My front seat where I sit is really getting ugly looking just from evey day in and out of it, is there any cure for that or atleast to help it stay from getting worn? And I really dont want seat covers on my leather, that defeats the purpose of having nice leather. Thanks for any suggestions, comments or concerns.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
man i would think getting some lexol to clean it then get some leather cpr after it is cleaned and the cpr will bring the color and softness back. you can get the leather cpr at bed bath and beyond

Old 01-23-2009, 06:12 AM
I agree with KRC... you need to clean and treat leather just like anything else on the truck. I'd clean with Lexol cleaner and then either use Lexol conditioner or Leather CPR. There are several threads on how to clean and maintain painted leather seats. This time of year you want to get the leather warm before applying a conditioner (hot water on a cloth, heated seats, AC, etc).

Old 01-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had great results Meguiar's Gold Class Aloe Cleaner and Conditioner. It's a 2 part system.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Use a wet warm rag to remove the milk. Skip the Armor All.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:55 PM
Normally I am a Meguiars guy but for leather nothing comes close to Zaino. I use the Z-9 first followed by the Z-10 Leather in a bottle. Your truck will smell like brand new leather and it won't leave it greasy and slippery.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:27 PM
I agree with lexol fans, ive been using it for some time now and find it to be one of the top consumer grade products in my book.

The lexol Conditioner softens the leather but use your bare hands to rub it in, you get more product in the in the leather.

Last edited by sal150; 01-26-2009 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old 01-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by sal150
I agree with lexol fans, ive been using it for some time now and find it to be one of the top consumer grade products in my book.

The lexol Conditioner softens the leather but use your bare hands to rub it in, you get more product in the in the leather.

Where could I buy this Lexol stuff? And what is the process of how you apply it? Thanks for the info.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by havk323
Where could I buy this Lexol stuff? And what is the process of how you apply it? Thanks for the info.
you can buy it at tractor supply or any store that handles saddles etc. Our walmart here has it. Now it is a little on the expensive side but about 12 bucks should get it a bottle. And also if you have a bed bath and beyond go get some of that Leather Cpr for about 10 bucks

Old 01-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Lexol will work great for King Ranch leather, but it is not for the coated Lariat/FX4 leather.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:38 PM
My wife had a Monte Carlo SS with a black leather interior and I had really good luck with the Meg's leather wipes. My step son could not keep from spilling something in the back almost on a daily basis and the Meg's wipes took every thing he could throw at them literally.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:20 PM
I recently switched to Mothers. They make a ph balanced cleaner and conditioner and I am extremely happy with the results on my Lexus interior. Was previously using Eagle 1, but switched to a lot of Mothers stuff since I get it wholesale. The leather stuff is my favorite. The cleaner is a rich creme instead of a watery liquid and the conditioner literally left the seats looking and feeling like they did when brand new.

Quick Reply: Black Leather.......give me something