Epic Battle with hard Water Stains

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 09:16 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Epic Battle with hard Water Stains

Spent much of the day battling hard-water stains from my sprinklers. unfortunately i let them bake a year in the vegas sun. Started out with Clay Bar. That worked pretty well, but there was a lot of it and it was thick. Then i finally caved and went with vinegar water 50/50 solution. Soaked a cloth in it and held it against the truck. This eventually broke most of it loose. I would work a section, rince it off, towel dry then move on. When the affected areas were done. I went over the whole area with turtle wax. (Little Green Tub, not the liquid stuff) I'm very happy with the results and it is 95% gone. Next weekend i'll probabbly do it all again.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Will have to use that approach with my truck as I have some hard water stains on my bed cover that waxing has not gotten rid of.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by newtrix
Spent much of the day battling hard-water stains from my sprinklers. unfortunately i let them bake a year in the vegas sun. Started out with Clay Bar. That worked pretty well, but there was a lot of it and it was thick. Then i finally caved and went with vinegar water 50/50 solution. Soaked a cloth in it and held it against the truck. This eventually broke most of it loose. I would work a section, rince it off, towel dry then move on. When the affected areas were done. I went over the whole area with turtle wax. (Little Green Tub, not the liquid stuff) I'm very happy with the results and it is 95% gone. Next weekend i'll probabbly do it all again.
Hey, happen to be in the area, caught your thread, check this out

http://www.thedetailerscafe.com/smf/...hp?topic=681.0

Quick Reply: Epic Battle with hard Water Stains