Anyone ever try "Forever Black" trim restorer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also tried the Bondo Restore Black stuff (I think that's the name) and it worked very nicely for what it is, but I found I did have to reapply every few weeks.

I got tired of that pretty quickly. I decided to krylon the bed caps, as well as the wiper cowl.

I was very scared of breaking the tabs off of the bed caps but didn't break any. I first took off my bed cover, and worked from the inside of the bed with a flat head screwdriver to push each tab in as I went along.

I applied 2 thin coats and then the sealer (or whatever it's called) I should have applied 3 thin coats first. I will be taking all items off again when it warms up, and prepping them much better, and re-spraying them (but JUST because I'm VERY picky - nobody else can see what I'm talking about)

- but I'm telling you that if I can do it in one afternoon, then you will have NO problem, do NOT be afraid to take off your bed caps and spray them...you won't have to worry about them again and they'll be beautifully deep black just like you want 'em!

What I CANT do by myself is take off the door handles to spray...I changed out the driver's window regulator, and still have the scars on my hands to prove it LOL good god I NEVER want to have to go into the doors again...

Old 02-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've used Showroom Restore from ADS. I applied it to some door handles a while ago (2 years about?) and it has just been sitting in the sun. Still look black after 1 application.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever try "Forever Black" trim restorer?