Anyone use touchless washes...ever?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigsur
Anybody had problems with the water from the jets getting inside the seals on your sunroof???
My wifes 03 Monte Carlo had that problem and it was a real PITA because you would open the sunroof a day later and get bath.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by dsq3973
My wifes 03 Monte Carlo had that problem and it was a real PITA because you would open the sunroof a day later and get bath.
oof

I started this post some time ago and have gotten tons of feedback. With that said, I appreciate everyone's input. My general conclusion is that I will not be using the touchless again....unless it is absolutely necessary, or unless I find a quality touchless laser wash built to accomodate larger vehicles. My main issue is my sunroof.....the jets are only a foot or so above the roof of my truck and I think I get some water in during the wash.

Sticking to quality detailing by hand...best way to go in my opinion.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:38 AM
I couldnt agree with you more but where I live I have no choice to use them. We get cold weather from November all the way into April before I can start hand washing our vehicles again.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
For those that use them anyone use them with a tonneau cover? Any issues related to the tonneau or no porblem? Were currently going thru our spring "Pollen fest" and this sure beats a hand wash since the pollen is back in a day or two.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by BayouSupercrew
For those that use them anyone use them with a tonneau cover? Any issues related to the tonneau or no porblem? Were currently going thru our spring "Pollen fest" and this sure beats a hand wash since the pollen is back in a day or two.
Countless times. I have a Pace Edwards rollup style cover. No problemo.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Shouldn't have a problem. I've gone through with an Access Roll-up, and I'm unsure if it caused any issues. I noticed some "rippling" in the cover afterwards, but that may have already been there. I called Agricover and two separate reps responded. One said do it as much as I want. The other said to roll the cover back before going through. I'm going to roll mine up from now on and just wipe down the cover before or afterwards with a wet rag.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:54 PM
I leave my cover rolled down when I run mine through the touchless.

Quick Reply: Anyone use touchless washes...ever?