Kr leather conditioning

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Kr leather conditioning

Per my earlier threads, I wondered what other pre-09 KR owners used to replenish and recondition the aniline leather. I just bought a 07 KR with only 16k miles. Did not appear the leather had ever been treated or conditioned.

Someone on the F150online Forum suggested Obenauf's. I tried it. I ended up using the entire bottle on just the front seats and the console cover.

SUMMARY:
Worked great. Low volatiles, a blend of oils. Somewhat darkened overall, but added a nice patina overall. Badly worn areas, like the driver's side left seat pad area, it darkened and soaked in quickly. I let it set a day or two and there is no migration or transfer to clothing.

I tried it on an old pair of Ecco leather shoes and it did great so I went to the KR.

HELPFUL INFO: As soon as you open it, cut the silly dauber off flush with the cap.
Buy a 2 inch foam paint brush. I bought 4 at Walmart for $1.92 total.
Pour a few ounces in a cereal bowl, but don't tell your wife. Use the brush from there.
Also, I found out that the Leather Oil needs to be room temp and the leather also about room temp or warmer. Letting the sun heat the vehicle will help the oil more go on evenly. There is some beeswax in it so it needs to be warm.

I tried some like Meguiar's and Armorall. They seem fine for keeping it ok looking but I needed deep conditioning. Being creams, they have water in them so it takes more to get the job done. My opinion.

I would recommend it. It really looks great.

Good Truckin",

KRTarheel

Quick Reply: Kr leather conditioning