Front grille

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front grille

Front grill is fading fast. Matte black.. Showroom New is a name I keep hearing. Went to a website and they're trying to sell me a business. Question?---Is anyone out there familiar with it? Does it work? If it does, do you have a link where I can get a bottle and not buy the whole frigging company? Makes me skeptical. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated---except painting it--I know I'll be disappointed. Muchas gracias in advance--The Vinman

Old 02-08-2009, 05:49 PM
I have used it, but I'm not sure how well it will work on the grill. I would suggest taking your grill out and getting some krylon fusion and paint it black.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:15 PM
esf
http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/srn-b.html

Your truck is over 10 years old. That's really not all that fast. And realize it will happen again if you do not take care of it. It's a dye so you should probably remove the grille to use anyway, or do a really good job taping it off. Anyway, get something to protect it from the sun so that it doesn't happen again. You might even be able to find something that makes it look nicer without dyeing it. Hyperdressing, BlackWow, 303, PB Natural Look, etc. If it's a honeycomb grille you're dealing with, well then it's going to be a pain in the *** regardless of what you use. Maybe use an aerosol can type dressing like Chemical Guys Fade2Black.

Last edited by esf; 02-08-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:27 PM
I bought a replacment off ebay a few years ago to do a swap out, just never got around to it. Then the other day I found the awesome write-up in the TA section, so now I think I'm gonna do it.

The new one is solid black, i cen't remember what the OEM 2k EB grill looked like, for some reason I'm thinking it had chrome leading edges? Not sure. But what do you reccomend for protection? It'll be much easier to apply now before I install it.

Thanks

Old 04-08-2010, 01:01 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
If it's the same as my 03 XL grille, you can use polishing compound and PlastX on it. If it's more like bed rails, you can try some Black Wow.

Quick Reply: Front grille