Dodo Juice products

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009 | 02:33 PM
glc
Lumadar used M21 2.0 on my truck, and it looks great. It's all in the prep work.

Old 03-15-2009 | 03:17 PM
Prep work is very important to getting the best possible finish. A good carnauba wax can also make a big difference in looks. I detail and show prep many show cars. I can tell a huge difference from a lower quality carnauba compared to a higher end one. To me the ease of use is very important, the Dodo Juice waxes have a very high carnauba content and are so easy to take on and off and they leave a very deep and wet look.

Everyone has their own opinion on what they like and use. I know Lumudar is a Megs guy and is even a moderator on the Megs forum, so of course he is going to recommend Megs. That is understandable. There are so many good products out there. I always like to try new products, especially carnuaba paste waxes. I know many other people do as well.

Old 03-15-2009 | 03:57 PM
glc
Well, he could have topped the M21 with M26 for a carnauba, but I was more than happy with just the M21. Arizona Beige is a very easy color to make look good without exotic products.

He has more than just Megs in his stash.

Old 03-16-2009 | 02:15 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by esf
Part of the price is getting them shipped here since they're origin isn't the US. They're considerably cheaper in the UK. As for durability, I don't base my waxes on that because to me it doesn't matter. I don't care if I get 4 weeks or 12 weeks. I enjoy taking the time to wax my vehicle. Different waxes do provide different looks. Some look deeper. Some look wetter. Some have a warmer feel than others. Some just look better on metallics or non-metallics. I'll say this though, your average joe isn't going to know the difference, but I think someone who is familiar with a bunch of waxes should. Especially if it's your own vehicle. Is it enough to warrant the extra coin? Wel, that's up to the owner. But ofcourse most of he final product is in the prep work.

And a lot of waxes come in smaller containers like that. Yeah they're narrower but they're a bit taller as well. You still get 8oz like most waxes.

Curious though. What three high quality waxes do you still use?

I'm having trouble putting thoughts together right now. Need sleep. Bye bye.
I hear you on not needing a lifetime of durability- I too wax about once a month so as long as I get a solid month out of it- I'm happy.

I got a $40~ little tub of Lusso Oro. Using the stuff was like a dream...was like playing with melted butter. Smelled awesome too! Then I washed my car... MAJOR let down. I honestly almost couldn't see any sign of wax on the car what so ever. By the second wash, it was totally worthless. BUMMER! I was really hoping it would work well since it was a pleasure using it.

Now when I detail I typically stick to a proven combo M20 base (Super easy to use, great chemical cleaner to promote bonding after polishing, and looks fantastic IMO), followed by M21 2.0. I'm left with a deep, glossy, wet, and smooth finish that sheets water like crazy. I get about 6 weeks of quality sheeting action from this on my own, and customer's vehicles.

I now use UQW after each wash as well. Freaking amazing. It replaced OCW which I love and used weekly at least. (I'm not just a Meg's only guy because I moderator for them... I arrived at Meg's because their products impressed me).

I have, and always take with me when I detail some Poli-Seal, and Opti-Seal. I use them on occasion. I also have M16, M26, Mothers Carnauba cleaner wax (actually a nice product), Lusso Oro, A12, D151, M66, ColorX, Collonite 476s, Collonite 845, and some Zaino products.

Old 03-16-2009 | 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
I got a $40~ little tub of Lusso Oro. Using the stuff was like a dream...was like playing with melted butter. Smelled awesome too! Then I washed my car... MAJOR let down. I honestly almost couldn't see any sign of wax on the car what so ever. By the second wash, it was totally worthless. BUMMER! I was really hoping it would work well since it was a pleasure using it.

Now when I detail I typically stick to a proven combo M20 base (Super easy to use, great chemical cleaner to promote bonding after polishing, and looks fantastic IMO), followed by M21 2.0. I'm left with a deep, glossy, wet, and smooth finish that sheets water like crazy. I get about 6 weeks of quality sheeting action from this on my own, and customer's vehicles.

I now use UQW after each wash as well. Freaking amazing. It replaced OCW which I love and used weekly at least. (I'm not just a Meg's only guy because I moderator for them... I arrived at Meg's because their products impressed me).

I have, and always take with me when I detail some Poli-Seal, and Opti-Seal. I use them on occasion. I also have M16, M26, Mothers Carnauba cleaner wax (actually a nice product), Lusso Oro, A12, D151, M66, ColorX, Collonite 476s, Collonite 845, and some Zaino products.
Here is a link I saw and thought about you.

This is 2 month old Opti-Seal sheeting

Old 03-16-2009 | 04:26 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Old Dogg™
Here is a link I saw and thought about you.

This is 2 month old Opti-Seal sheeting
Holy crap. Thank you, talk about case in point. That was the worst excuse for sheeting I have ever seen.

That's called CLINGING, not sheeting.

Here is real sheeting. Meguiar's style. Take notes.

...and 3 weeks, 2 washes, and 4-5 days of rain later AGAIN

Last edited by Lumadar; 03-16-2009 at 04:33 AM.
Old 03-16-2009 | 10:07 AM
esf
3 weeks and all you have is a coating of dust. Haha. That just doesn't happen here in good ol' Pa. It didn't really seem to be sheeting all that well on the roof and hood with the nozzle still on. Obviously the water is going to run off somewhat. That's just the natural properties of water. Durability is usually better on the sides of the vehicle plus you have gravity helping out.

Old 03-16-2009 | 12:53 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by esf
3 weeks and all you have is a coating of dust. Haha. That just doesn't happen here in good ol' Pa. It didn't really seem to be sheeting all that well on the roof and hood with the nozzle still on. Obviously the water is going to run off somewhat. That's just the natural properties of water. Durability is usually better on the sides of the vehicle plus you have gravity helping out.
Watch it again. The roof instantly beads, and then forms large puddles, and then runs off. My car was on very level ground, and the roof has virtually no angle to it...no matter what wax you have it won't go flying off.

Go watch the video Old Dogg posted... noticed how the water takes 30 seconds to move a foot and a half on a COMPLETELY vertical panel? Compare that to my car. There is no comparison...

(I sent both links to my GF and asked her to tell me what she thought was happening, without explaining to her my point, and she immediately could tell me that my wax was working better than the black car's )

Old 03-16-2009 | 01:01 PM
esf
I'm not debating it was better than the optiseal at 2 months. Yours without a doubt is sheeting water better. I just don't think the roof and hood are outstanding.

Why did you change your link to a different video?

Old 03-16-2009 | 01:50 PM
Opti Seal is an awesome product, especially for the money. I can do 8-10 vehicles with only using 1 ounce, that is very cost effective. Another good thing about Opti Seal is that it is very durable, you can't ask for an easier product to work with that provides the results it does.

Old 03-16-2009 | 02:03 PM
|
Holy detailing products batman! What happened to the Dodo thread! lol!

In all honesty, I used Megs products for a long time. #16 used to be my favorite paste, now I think there are so many other waxes out there that are superior, easier to use, and provide better looks. I think waxes like Natty's blue, Souveran,Fuzion, and Dodo Juice waxes blow #16 away. I don't mind spending the extra money on boutique waxes because I can tell a huge difference.

BTW- I put another layer of SN and Blue Velvet on the car yesterday, all that I can say is that I have a big grin on my face!

Old 03-16-2009 | 02:20 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by esf
I'm not debating it was better than the optiseal at 2 months. Yours without a doubt is sheeting water better. I just don't think the roof and hood are outstanding.

Why did you change your link to a different video?
I didn't... I added a second link.

I will agree, the hood wasn't as good as I had liked. To be honest, the entire car really needs to be clayed, and re-waxed, but I didn't have the time. For bad prep, a quick WIWO spray wax, and heavy San Diego acidic rain for DAYS on end...I'm pleased.

I have never really seen a roof that impressed me though... horizontal surfaces in general just can't really show off wax all that great IMO. Of course, I would love to see proof otherwise (Not being a jerk at all, totally serious).

Old 03-16-2009 | 02:21 PM
Watch it again. The roof instantly beads, and then forms large puddles, and then runs off. My car was on very level ground, and the roof has virtually no angle to it...no matter what wax you have it won't go flying off.

Go watch the video Old Dogg posted... noticed how the water takes 30 seconds to move a foot and a half on a COMPLETELY vertical panel? Compare that to my car. There is no comparison...

(I sent both links to my GF and asked her to tell me what she thought was happening, without explaining to her my point, and she immediately could tell me that my wax was working better than the black car's )
I honestly thought the Opti-Seal video was impressive. He sprayed on the water and it all ran off no beads. Beading water leaves water spots and holds dirt. The Opti-Seal would stay cleaner longer the way it All ran off even after 2 months.

The only real way to tell is to do the same car hood, half and half and go back each week and wash and check the results until one is gone.
I would bet my money on Opti-Seal.

Originally Posted by Detaildude
Holy detailing products batman! What happened to the Dodo thread! lol!

BTW- I put another layer of SN and Blue Velvet on the car yesterday, all that I can say is that I have a big grin on my face!

Where are the before and after pictures?

What was the OAT? Did you have to warm up the wax?

Old 03-16-2009 | 02:28 PM
|
Originally Posted by Old Dogg™
I honestly thought the Opti-Seal video was impressive. He sprayed on the water and it all ran off no beads. Beading water leaves water spots and holds dirt. The Opti-Seal would stay cleaner longer the way it All ran off even after 2 months.

The only real way to tell is to do the same car hood, half and half and go back each week and wash and check the results until one is gone.
I would bet my money on Opti-Seal.

Where are the before and after pictures?

What was the OAT? Did you have to warm up the wax?
Sorry I haven't been able to take any pictures, our digital camera took a crap on us a while back. I'm looking at getting an SLR, but just can't bite the bullet. Maybe if I quit spending money on detailing products!

It only took maybe half an hour to put them on and take them off. The SN goes on and off like butter, the Blue Velvet is a little harder to work with but not bad. The hardest part is getting it on the applicator, maybe heating the wax up will make a difference as someone mentioned. Taking off the Blue Velvet was easy.

Old 03-16-2009 | 03:16 PM
esf
I didn't... I added a second link.
Eh, that's what happens when you're not awake yet. I just scrolled back up quick and clicked on the first link I saw. My fault.

I have never really seen a roof that impressed me though... horizontal surfaces in general just can't really show off wax all that great IMO. Of course, I would love to see proof otherwise (Not being a jerk at all, totally serious).

That makes two of use then. I'd love to see it. And I'm not trying to be a jerk either. Just sreious conversation. I don't mean to put down your process, results or products you use. In all honesty, your car looks fantastic and the products do seem to work.

Quick Reply: Dodo Juice products