Dodo Juice products

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009 | 09:52 PM
|
Dodo Juice products

After being off the net for a while I was checking out one of the places I shop at and noticed Dodo Juice products. They look very interesting and I just noticed a post on here of someone using a wax by them. Anyone use their stuff and have any feedback?

Old 03-08-2009 | 10:39 PM
esf
That's RR that you saw who used it. He just used it on his F250. I have a tub of Rainforest Rub (which is what RR used) on the way to me now. It will be my first Dodo product. If you are interested in purchasing some, Obsessive Detail and The Rag Shack have the best deals on them. Customer service is top notch. Rainforest rub is currently on sale for $46.75 for a few more days. Don't miss out on it. Other places are selling it for $60-$65.

Old 03-08-2009 | 11:19 PM
|
The Rag Shack is where I just saw the Dodo Juice products. http://stores.theragshack.com/-strse...Categories.bok Why is there so many different waxes? What is the difference between soft waxes and hard waxes?

Old 03-08-2009 | 11:29 PM
esf
Soft waxes, as explained to me, can be applied using your bare hands. You're suppposed to be able to feel the wax better and be able to apply a more even coat. The warmth from your hands is supposed to make it spread like butter. Hard waxers last longer and can be applied thinner. It all depends what look you like best and how much you're willing to sacrifice to get it. By that I mean do you want durability because you don't like to wax often or do you want a look yo like better even if it means yo have to wax more frequently. Then maybe you get lucky and you like the look of the durable wax better. Also, some waxes are designed to look better on certain colors. The website explains that a bit.

Edit - I should note that I'm not sure if the Rainforest Rub sale is only at Obsessive Detail or if it is also at the Rag Shack. TRSs price doesn't reflect the sale like OD does even the the same person runs both.

Last edited by esf; 03-08-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-09-2009 | 02:59 PM
esf
Justin just announced he put all of his Dodo waxes on sale, except Supernatural. That's already way cheaper than most places anyway.

Old 03-10-2009 | 04:37 PM
|
Originally Posted by esf
Justin just announced he put all of his Dodo waxes on sale, except Supernatural. That's already way cheaper than most places anyway.
Wow! I think it is time to spend some more money and add to my collection! Thanks ESF!!

Old 03-13-2009 | 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by esf
Yep I just got the Blue Velvet and Born to be Mild today finally. If im not careful this could start to be a bi-monthly habit.:santa:

Old 03-13-2009 | 10:33 PM
esf
Blue Velvet is one of the things I have on the way. Orange Crush, also. And a couple other things.

Old 03-13-2009 | 10:49 PM
|
I got Blue Velvet and Supernatural sample size that I'm going to try tomorrow when I get a chance. I can't wait. The Blue Velvet smells like a candle.

Old 03-14-2009 | 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by Detaildude
I got Blue Velvet and Supernatural sample size that I'm going to try tomorrow when I get a chance. I can't wait. The Blue Velvet smells like a candle.
I cant do anything before late next week.
If you can...come back and tell me what you think.
I was torn between the Purple Haze (soft) and the Blue Velvet.
It feels pretty hard in the tub at 70°.

Old 03-14-2009 | 01:45 PM
|
I just tried the products on my wifes Camry a little while ago. I prepped the paint using Megs cleaner polish. I did half the car with Supernatural and the other half with the Blue Velvet. I'm very impressed, the red paint really has some nice reflection and looks really wet. The Supernatural was a breeze to put on, the Blue Velvet was harder to get onto the pad, but it wasn't really too bad. They were both so easy to take back off. The Supernatural side looks a tad bit better, but it is hard to tell for sure with the lighting right now. I wish my camera was fixed so I could snap some pictures. I was a bit skeptical spending that kind of dough on the waxes, now I feel at ease! All in all, I'm pretty impressed!

Old 03-15-2009 | 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by Detaildude
I just tried the products on my wifes Camry a little while ago. I prepped the paint using Megs cleaner polish. I did half the car with Supernatural and the other half with the Blue Velvet. I'm very impressed, the red paint really has some nice reflection and looks really wet. The Supernatural was a breeze to put on, the Blue Velvet was harder to get onto the pad, but it wasn't really too bad. They were both so easy to take back off. The Supernatural side looks a tad bit better, but it is hard to tell for sure with the lighting right now. I wish my camera was fixed so I could snap some pictures. I was a bit skeptical spending that kind of dough on the waxes, now I feel at ease! All in all, I'm pretty impressed!
Good to hear you liked them both. I wanted to get the hard wax for the summer and something soft like Purple Haze, Supernatural or Wet Obsession for the cooler outside temps.
Justin says he heats up the wax with halogen lites....Im going to have to figure out a safe way to warm it up and make it easier to do my big black truck.

Old 03-15-2009 | 02:58 AM
Suspended
Sounds like a marketing masterpiece! In all seriousness, DoDo is raping peoples' pocket books due to an excellent marketing team. They come up with flashy names and labeling, and to top it all off they put it in cute little jars to yank you even harder.

I learned a while ago that spending oodles of money for exotic waxes for "looks" is a giant waste of money. I put my money, time, and effort in the prep...the wax hardly makes a difference for looks. Considering DoDo isn't exactly a long lasting product, you are basically paying what, 5, 10, 20 times more for....?

No offense to the guys that like or try the stuff, heck, if I had unlimited funds I would have a tub of each...but considering I went and bought an array of over 10 high quality waxes and find myself only ever using 3 of them, I just don't find the interest in the boutique waxes anymore.

Old 03-15-2009 | 07:00 AM
esf
Part of the price is getting them shipped here since they're origin isn't the US. They're considerably cheaper in the UK. As for durability, I don't base my waxes on that because to me it doesn't matter. I don't care if I get 4 weeks or 12 weeks. I enjoy taking the time to wax my vehicle. Different waxes do provide different looks. Some look deeper. Some look wetter. Some have a warmer feel than others. Some just look better on metallics or non-metallics. I'll say this though, your average joe isn't going to know the difference, but I think someone who is familiar with a bunch of waxes should. Especially if it's your own vehicle. Is it enough to warrant the extra coin? Wel, that's up to the owner. But ofcourse most of he final product is in the prep work.

And a lot of waxes come in smaller containers like that. Yeah they're narrower but they're a bit taller as well. You still get 8oz like most waxes.

Curious though. What three high quality waxes do you still use?

I'm having trouble putting thoughts together right now. Need sleep. Bye bye.

Old 03-15-2009 | 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
No offense to the guys that like or try the stuff, heck, if I had unlimited funds I would have a tub of each...but considering I went and bought an array of over 10 high quality waxes and find myself only ever using 3 of them, I just don't find the interest in the boutique waxes anymore.
Sometimes you really do get what you pay for some times you don't. Unlimited funds or not if something makes my old hands work less or my beat black truck eventually look better easier im ok with it.

There was a time I spent serious coin on vehicle mods/stereo and now for me the top line factory unit and speakers are loud enough though I still admire those who spend big on the "Better" system I cant justify it anymore. It will always be questionable as to when what and who less is good enough for and more is better to improve something that is not actually broken in the first place. The true function of paint on a vehicle is to prevent rust of metal. Pretty paint is optional. We all waste money and time on something.

Last edited by Old Dogg™; 03-15-2009 at 12:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Dodo Juice products