Megs new products questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Megs new products questions

So I am in need of a few new items for my detailing shelf and was wondering about a few of Meguiar's new items. On my shelf currently I have some #80 and #9 that I use regularly (thought I had some #83 also, but don't). I have to admit that in the last year I have been really bad at keeping up with my truck's detailing schedule. Last full detail I gave her was before the July 4th car show I had her in last year. Now that I ride a motorcycle the majority of the time the truck just sits for days/weeks at a time. The paint is showing some water spots that I am having a difficult time getting out with my current products.

So I am thinking about adding some #105 and #205 and giving them a try. Would adding these items make sense or should I stick with #80 and add #83 and the new Ultimate Compound to my arsenal? I want to get the paint back to almost perfect, but have to be careful with black paint.

Also I have a PC 7424 that I use and was interested in getting some of the new Megs washable pads. Do I have to buy a new backing plate or does the backing plate that comes with the PC work with the new pads?

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your situation sounds like mine: same products; same issues.

I bought some #205 & #105 this winter and am going to give them a try, perhaps tomorrow as it may be 60F here (finally). These are supposed to be the God and Jesus of cutting compounds/polishes.

#205 and # 80 both are rated the same aggressiveness on the bottle, but the #205 doesn't break down. I'd try that first, maybe with a white pad.

The #105 is supposed to be much more aggressive; perhaps an orange or a green polishing pad.

Then I'll put on a coat of #7 (although with the #205 it might not be needed; I jujst really like the #7 for the wet look).

Let us know how it goes.

Jim

Quick Reply: Megs new products questions