Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 12:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andrewc_11890
Is it more of an issue that you got some sand off but there is still a decent amount that won't just rinse off, so you are afraid to touch it with a mitt in fear of one swipe with the washing mitt will mar your paint? Because I doubt it is grounded into the clear as some people suggested, I think they don't fully understand your situation perhaps.
You can still see it on the truck. If that makes sense. I'm fearful that it will grind into the clearcoat. That's true, I am thinking after it rains, I'm going to just wash it normally and possibly clay bar it.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:00 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
This is where a foam gun would help - between that and a top quality wash soap, you should have plenty of lube to minimize scratches.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:49 PM
esf
the foam gun would definitely be nice. Plus you can soak the entire vehicle in soap, let it sit for a little bit to do it work and then hose it off. Like a presoak and rinse. Then use the gun to soap it up again and use a mitt.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:49 AM
This is just a guess in the dark but since you are in AL, you may have a lot of tree sap on your surface thus creating a nice trap for that sand...

Trying to figure out why sand is sticking to your paint so that is the only thing I could think of looking at all those trees in your pictures and being in the So.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
This is just a guess in the dark but since you are in AL, you may have a lot of tree sap on your surface thus creating a nice trap for that sand...

Trying to figure out why sand is sticking to your paint so that is the only thing I could think of looking at all those trees in your pictures and being in the So.
Yeah man, it's def covered in tree sap

Quick Reply: Advice?