Paint Sealant

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint Sealant

When I bought mt truck I was offered a paint sealant. Thinking at the time it was nothing that a good wax couldn't do, I declined. Now I wonder if it was worth it. I think it would have cost about $100. Should I have done it?

Thanks
bob

Old 04-03-2009, 09:27 PM
You made the right choice.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by bob1017
When I bought mt truck I was offered a paint sealant. Thinking at the time it was nothing that a good wax couldn't do, I declined. Now I wonder if it was worth it. I think it would have cost about $100. Should I have done it?

Thanks
bob
You are better off waxing/paint sealing yourself. You just saved yourself $100.

Kevin

Old 04-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hwm3
You made the right choice.
All of those dealer applied "miracle products" are nothing more than 100% puer dealer profit in a bottle. I'm surprised that they don't have Billy Mays hawking them. You absolutely made the right choice.

On a related note, a neighbor of mine bought a new vehicle about a year ago. He asked me about a product called Diamond Gloss that supposedly guaranteed that one would nevver have to wash a vehicle because it offered lifetime protection. I suggested that he'd be better off having me detail it twice a year for better protection. He went with the miracle product. I saw him yesterday and he asked if I could detail the vehicle - because the stuff didn't work as advertised. Another satisfied customer...

Quick Reply: Paint Sealant