05 Stained seats, options?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 08:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 Stained seats, options?

I got a 05 Screw and my back seat (black) is stained from ball equipment and players. I tried different cleaners but the stains usually reappear again. Is there a spray product out there to make them black again? I may be wishful thinking but something like a spray paint for fabric?? If there are, where is it located, lol. (I'm in Canada).

Thanks,

Old 05-30-2009, 09:24 AM
esf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Dupli-Color makes a paint that you're after. I've seen it done before and it came out looking factory but it was done on more of a carpet like material and not the seats. You probably need to use a cleaner in conjunction with an extractor of some sort. If you have a carpet shampooer for the house that sucks the water/cleaner solution out of the carpet that has hand attachments, try that. Something like the Bissel Little Green Machine does a really nice job as well but won't perform miracles like a true extractor will. I'd say try to find some Folex (easily purchased at Wal-Mart and Lowes, etc here in the states) and give that a go with one of the above mentioned methods. A possible problem with trying to paint over the stain is that it may show through anyway and it may not match perfectly either. Your best bet is to clean it or find a detailer who can clean it for you. I wouldn't imagine they would charge much for cleaning a seat though while you're there utilizing their time you may want the entire interior cleaned.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
APC+ cut 10:1 and a Bissel Little Green Machine.

Quick Reply: 05 Stained seats, options?