Initial detailing of the truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what a dam difference. Great job

Old 06-17-2009, 12:14 AM
I will definitely try it. I'm sold on PBs stuff.

What pads do you guys use? I guess a better question is, with the variety of pads that are out there, how many do you actually need. I have orange, white and gray pads which seems to cover what I need. Would adding a red or blue pad help with application of sealants/waxes/glazes etc? I currently do it by hand. Didn't use the gray pad to apply the stuff on the truck. Bonnets?

What do you guys use to remove sealants, waxes etc? I use microfiber towels to remove the SSR material to check my work, but also remove the sealants etc by hand. Would like to use the PC if possible. Recommendations?

Old 06-17-2009, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by Makina
I will definitely try it. I'm sold on PBs stuff.

What pads do you guys use? I guess a better question is, with the variety of pads that are out there, how many do you actually need. I have orange, white and gray pads which seems to cover what I need. Would adding a red or blue pad help with application of sealants/waxes/glazes etc? I currently do it by hand. Didn't use the gray pad to apply the stuff on the truck. Bonnets?

What do you guys use to remove sealants, waxes etc? I use microfiber towels to remove the SSR material to check my work, but also remove the sealants etc by hand. Would like to use the PC if possible. Recommendations?
kind of a very open ended question and you will get lots of opinions...and that's a good thing b/c you do have lots of choices.

If you are using Lake pads I would say you need several White Pads...I tend to have more than I need on hand all the time. I also think you need the Lake PFW pads...they are magic...I don't have any of the Red pads, waiting to pick those up soon...I have 2-4 each of my pads...in several sizes. (I am a tad over loaded on pads right now but I don't like not having what I need if I have some that are not clean and ready for use)

They are the work horse pads.

Here is a good chart to help you on LC pads.

Sorry about the watermark...

As for Sealers, I would use the Blue or Black pads...remove with MF is correct.

Down the road you need to consider getting the smaller 4" pads for your PC...they work wonders.

Last edited by RollingRock; 06-17-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:30 PM
truck looks real good. what a difference!

Old 06-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
kind of a very open ended question and you will get lots of opinions...and that's a good thing b/c you do have lots of choices.

If you are using Lake pads I would say you need several White Pads...I tend to have more than I need on hand all the time. I also think you need the Lake PFW pads...they are magic...I don't have any of the Red pads, waiting to pick those up soon...I have 2-4 each of my pads...in several sizes. (I am a tad over loaded on pads right now but I don't like not having what I need if I have some that are not clean and ready for use)

They are the work horse pads.

Here is a good chart to help you on LC pads.

Sorry about the watermark...

As for Sealers, I would use the Blue or Black pads...remove with MF is correct.

Down the road you need to consider getting the smaller 4" pads for your PC...they work wonders.
what's PFW?

Old 06-23-2009, 03:03 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
Purple Foamed Wool.

Quick Reply: Initial detailing of the truck