HELP!!!Paint over spray!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 10:01 PM
esf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you contacted the maker of the enamel? See if they recommend anything? I think I would definitely try something like Meg's Body Solvent to, at the very least, maybe soften it or loosen it. Maybe try using a plastic razor blade. I think you're going to have a hell of a time trying to wet sand that. I could be wrong though. It just seems like by the time you get through the overspray you're going to have removed a bunch of clear in other places. I think I would also try a more aggressive clay bar. Regardless of what you do, expect to spend some time polishing after you get it fixed.

If anything, that textured plastic is probably going to be the worst.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by esf
Have you contacted the maker of the enamel? See if they recommend anything? I think I would definitely try something like Meg's Body Solvent to, at the very least, maybe soften it or loosen it. Maybe try using a plastic razor blade. I think you're going to have a hell of a time trying to wet sand that. I could be wrong though. It just seems like by the time you get through the overspray you're going to have removed a bunch of clear in other places. I think I would also try a more aggressive clay bar. Regardless of what you do, expect to spend some time polishing after you get it fixed.

If anything, that textured plastic is probably going to be the worst.
good thinking....

Old 06-22-2009, 01:23 AM
lol yea my baby making days should be over im getting kinda old now. on the manf of the enamel are you talking about the ford factory paint , the rear of the truck that was repainted from when i got rear ended or the overspray thats on it? i dont know who makes the paint for ford. the rear was repainted using ppg and the overspray there is no telling what it is the truck was in a petroleum refinery when it got it on it so it may not even be paint overspray could be some kind of acid etch or something who knows what all is in that place floating around in the air.

Rolling rock the vehicle your working on in that video looks like it already had perfect paint on it before you started to play with it.

Last edited by jrfonte; 06-22-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:13 AM
I'de recommend taking it to a good detailer (get references). It will probably cost you 300 plus if that crap is all over your truck. I think your getting in over your head judging by what you've said about your experience. A good detailer will know how to fix this expecially if they have to wetsand. Wetsanding can be a tricky beast expecially when you'll need to use a rubbing compound/cutting agent followed up by a polish to make sure you get your shine back. For the inexperienced you'de more then likely burn through your clear doing this, messing up one panel will be more expensive then hiring a professional to do it. Not to mention save you a lot of time. Thats my two cents.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:36 AM
i dont think there are any good detailers around here ive taken it to about 5 different places that were supposed to be good and it looked like a gang of monkies did the truck when it was finnished.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:50 AM
esf
Yeah. That's RRs trick. He works on perfect paint so he can overinflate his detailing skills. I'm just kidding. RR is very good and the reason his vehicles look so good is because of the time, effort and skills he puts into them. I saw the before and after pictures of that paint. He did a fantastic job on it. I just like to poke fun at him every chance I get.

I don't know exactly where you're from. Texas is a big state so I don't know what SE Texas is considered but I believe Gipraw and troberts from this site are both from around the Houston area. They're both very good at what they do. Both professional detailers.

EDIT - BTW, I was referring to the manufacturer of the overspray or whatever it is on the paint, not the Ford paint. You don't want to remove the Ford paint just the white specs.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:48 PM
ok i have no idea what the manuf. is of the stuff on the paint i live north of beaumont about 2 hrs away from houston. South.East. Texas the golden triangle area beaumont, port arthur, and orange.

I was considering turning it in on insurance and seing if i can just get the whole truck repainted.

Quick Reply: HELP!!!Paint over spray!