Rubber Window Moulding?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by clambelly
You might want to look into Megs # 39 & #40. ADS sells both.
ixnay on the megs #40 for the exterior window moldings. It's a cleaner as well as protectant. I tried it and it actually took color off (rag was black), made it look very drab and gray. Tried some Ultimate quick wax on it and it made it a little better but didn't last long until it was looking bad again. Works great on plastic and the interior dash though.

Anyone trying the Blackwow let us know how it works.....

Last edited by birdshooter; 07-30-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andrewc, you must have missed the part where I said > I recently bought the Showroom New, tried it, and it didn't work. It's like this product, nor any other that I've tried, will actually soak and be allowed to do anything ? My trim seems harder, and slicker, instead of softer, more plyable, and at a molecular level, more porus, like trim rubber is supposed to be.
VERY hard to explain, but others with the same problem know exactly what I'm saying.

I have to say it again;
Those of you who just keep saying, "I just use X product, and it works great"...... obviously don't have the same situation with your trim, that many of the rest of us do.

Peace,
Fish

Old 07-31-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Fish Chris
Andrewc, you must have missed the part where I said > I recently bought the Showroom New, tried it, and it didn't work. It's like this product, nor any other that I've tried, will actually soak and be allowed to do anything ? My trim seems harder, and slicker, instead of softer, more plyable, and at a molecular level, more porus, like trim rubber is supposed to be.
VERY hard to explain, but others with the same problem know exactly what I'm saying.

I have to say it again;
Those of you who just keep saying, "I just use X product, and it works great"...... obviously don't have the same situation with your trim, that many of the rest of us do.

Peace,
Fish
I would like to see what you are talking about....can you get a close up photo?

Put a dime or something next to it in the shot.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:35 PM
Hey Rollingrock, yes, I will try to get a photo of my trim the next time after I wash it.

But basically, like I say, it's just kind of grayish, and it gets kind of a silvery sheen over it. Then when I put any of these trim products on it, it doesn't soak in at all, it just lays on the surface.... then if those products get wet, it look like rain water, on wet pavement.

I think the reason none of these different products work on it, is that it doesn't seem as porus as it should, or should I say, like the composition of the rubber was incorrect, right from the factory.

Fish

Old 08-01-2009, 01:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine are the same as Chris's and on my drivers door lower mldg their is a spot about 12" long where it looks like someone treated it with a product and stopped, that area looks great but not the rest of the mldgs, and what ever it is it wont wash off my truck will be a year in october and it gets washed every week and that one area looks great

Old 08-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RollingRock
To the OP, for your 09, just hit it with BlackWow....you'll be impressed....lasts for a VERY long time...

After you apply it, dry buff it off, and you're done...a little goes a long way and once treated with BW you can simply use something like HD to keep it up even longer

BW works extremely well. I'd give that a shot before using the Showroom dye product. For you 09, it cannot be that bad.

RR
I love BW ON PLASTIC, but have had no luck with it on rubber. Sucks on rubber.

Jim

Old 08-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by jaymz
I love BW ON PLASTIC, but have had no luck with it on rubber. Sucks on rubber.

Jim
If it doesn't work on the rubber trim at least I'll be able to use it on my black KX450 plastics...

Quick Reply: Rubber Window Moulding?