Ordering M105/M205 for use with PC--which pads??

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Damon@tirerack
Before buying 12 oz of M105, try buying a 4oz sample of Gloss-It Extreme Cut from Gloss-It. It's all I use and works much longer than 105 (which flashes too quickly) and finishes down much better as well. It used with his pre-polymer foam pads works absolutely outstanding. Follow up with Evolution Cut and then Gloss Finish.

Try them, there are example after example of former 105 users on the detailing forumns who have switched to Gloss-It because of the ease of use of the product. You won't be sorry.
Beautiful work on the truck!
What did you do/use for your final polishing step?

Im going to have to try that Extreme Cut...
M105 has been a necessary evil powder and all but maybe not.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:47 PM
what exaclty is flashing and is only accomplished with a rotary? never heard of it when discussing DA's.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Former Sponsor
"Flashing" is how long the polish stays in liquid form before drying and turning to powder under the heat and pressure of the pad - DA or rotary. The longer you can keep it liquid, the longer it works and the better it finishes down. You can work M105 only about half the time as Extreme Cut and because it is just a bit more aggresive it's a little harder to control. I have used both, and trust me The Extreme Cut is much easier to control and work. The longer you use it, the more it it finishes down to a finer cut.

Remember, it's much easier (and cheaper) to change your level of cut at the pad level first. I use one style wool for the really nasty stuff, and 5 different density pads and only 3 compounds in my entire arsenal. They are all Gloss-it, and they are all I need for any of the projects I take on.

Last edited by Damon@tirerack; 08-01-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:24 PM
That's why you use the water trick with 105

Quick Reply: Ordering M105/M205 for use with PC--which pads??