Black trucks suck!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've also had a BLACK one......uhhhh.......TRUCK, that is....
swore I'd never have another, SHADOW DARK GRAY is as dark as I want.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:15 AM
One of my favorite quotes. "Buying a black vehicle isn't just buying a black vehilcle. It's taking on a second job."

Old 09-08-2009, 08:29 AM
First off get rid of Turtle Wax Ice its garbage. Do you have a P.C. 7424 or one of the other D.A.s. If you do, this is one way to start. Since there is no pics of your truck start off with claying the whole truck and use ClayMagic( its about $9 at Autozone) I personally dont like Megs or Mothers clay, too mild. Now depending if you have swirls and how bad you need to correct(here is where we need pics) but if you have little to no swirls hit the paint with Megs #205 then Megs #21-2.0 wait 12 hrs for the #21(sealant) to cure then hit it with #26. This is just one of many way to keep your truck looking good. My truck is a daily driver and gets clean once a week and always looks good. Every area is different but this will keep your truck looking good even when its dusty and mildly dirty.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by 05supercrew
First off get rid of Turtle Wax Ice its garbage. Do you have a P.C. 7424 or one of the other D.A.s. If you do, this is one way to start. Since there is no pics of your truck start off with claying the whole truck and use ClayMagic( its about $9 at Autozone) I personally dont like Megs or Mothers clay, too mild. Now depending if you have swirls and how bad you need to correct(here is where we need pics) but if you have little to no swirls hit the paint with Megs #205 then Megs #21-2.0 wait 12 hrs for the #21(sealant) to cure then hit it with #26. This is just one of many way to keep your truck looking good. My truck is a daily driver and gets clean once a week and always looks good. Every area is different but this will keep your truck looking good even when its dusty and mildly dirty.

you know ur ish my friend! ur truck picture in ur sig looks ridiculous, that paints lookin like a mirror. i think ima take ur advice n give that a try!!

Old 09-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by tko_818
you know ur ish my friend! ur truck picture in ur sig looks ridiculous, that paints lookin like a mirror. i think ima take ur advice n give that a try!!
Thank you.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:34 AM
Before I learned to properly wash and detail I was starting to hate my Black truck and all the work. Once I got the paint correctly shiny and slick clean up is a breeze....most days.

Rain or shine it stays very nice 3 or 4 days, then the dust starts to show pretty good by the 5th or 6th day it needs attention but even after 7 days I still almost fall in that deep Black paint.
I have never seen any deep white paint...

Old 09-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by Old Dogg™
Before I learned to properly wash and detail I was starting to hate my Black truck and all the work. Once I got the paint correctly shiny and slick clean up is a breeze....most days.

Rain or shine it stays very nice 3 or 4 days, then the dust starts to show pretty good by the 5th or 6th day it needs attention but even after 7 days I still almost fall in that deep Black paint.
I have never seen any deep white paint...
I agree it all depends on how your paint is kept. I was always into detailing but went to the next step after I got my truck. My sig pic is the way my truck always looks even after 4.5 years. Ive seen white that really popped and I was really impressed. But nothing stands out like Black.

Last edited by 05supercrew; 09-10-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Suspended
Yea theres really not a whole lot you can do...black just shows everything,

-

Old 10-09-2009, 04:09 AM
do you do this process once a week? detailers always tell me that you don't need to wax your car that often, which is odd since they should tell me the opposite for more business...

Old 10-09-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by nauveed
do you do this process once a week? detailers always tell me that you don't need to wax your car that often, which is odd since they should tell me the opposite for more business...
Let me tell you exactly what I did this year starting with the Spring detail. Wash the truck with Dawn dish washing liquid. Clay the whole truck with Clay Magic. Now I use the PC7424 (d.a.) first product was Meguires #205 then Wolfgang 3.0 sealant. Done my truck had little swirls so the #205 was able to remove them. Now I wash my truck once a week with ONR (love this wash). One month later I applied Meguires #21-2.0 (no other steps) I apply this with a gray or blue finishing pad on speed 3 and do the whole truck. Now I let it sit on the truck for 1 hr grab a few beers. Then remove it with your favorite MF towel. This really brings out the depth of the color. Now 6 weeks later I hit it with Meguires #26 wax because we are going on a road trip with the truck that is 18+ hrs one way. That was the beginning of July now besides washing I havent touched the paint in 3 months and still looks great. This past weekend I just applied Collinite 845 to protect it for the winter. Now I wont touch it until April again. Keep in mind we use this truck 7 days a week, 4 wheel on the Beach and some trails, plus vacation trips. I also use #21-2.0 on the wheels 2 times a year but will be trying Opti-Seal in the next week or two. I rarely use a Pure Caranuba.

Last edited by 05supercrew; 10-09-2009 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Black looks really good all cleaned up. I really wanted a black vehicle so when I sold my F150 I got a black Jeep. Big Mistake. It is a lot of work to keep it swirl free. It's not my daily driver and it stays in the garage but it is still a lot of work. I just polished with 105, 205 and topped with RMG and CMW and it looks great now. I'm really careful when I wash and I dry with a leaf blower. My next vehicle will be silver of white.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by fairlaner
You gotta love a truck the color of dirt ...

Wheel wells.........

Old 10-13-2009, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by Sleestak
Black looks really good all cleaned up. I really wanted a black vehicle so when I sold my F150 I got a black Jeep. Big Mistake. It is a lot of work to keep it swirl free. It's not my daily driver and it stays in the garage but it is still a lot of work. I just polished with 105, 205 and topped with RMG and CMW and it looks great now. I'm really careful when I wash and I dry with a leaf blower. My next vehicle will be silver of white.
I love that Jeep.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 69 Likes on 65 Posts
I love black trucks! My last 3 have been black. Only color I buy.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:40 PM
I have never been a fan of black trucks or cars for that matter.

I agree black trucks suck.

Quick Reply: Black trucks suck!!