Mothers 1-2-3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Mothers 1-2-3?

OK, so I know enough about this section to know this is going to be one of those "just have to try it and see" threads, but here goes anyways...

What do you guys think about Mothers products, particularly paint? I've recently started using a lot of Mothers stuff because I can get it at wholesale price. So far, everything I've tried, (interior, trim, quick detailer, everything but paint) I really really like. I mean better than anything I've been using!

So now it's got me really considering the paint care. Without going into a lot of detail, I'm experienced at detailing and a fan of Meguiars NXT 2.0 and #26, among other things.

I'm wondering how the step #2 Sealer & Glaze performs and especially the step #3 Carnuba as compared to Meguiars #26.

Just curious if any of you had an input on Mothers in general and/or more specifically these paint products.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Galaxy
OK, so I know enough about this section to know this is going to be one of those "just have to try it and see" threads, but here goes anyways...

What do you guys think about Mothers products, particularly paint? I've recently started using a lot of Mothers stuff because I can get it at wholesale price. So far, everything I've tried, (interior, trim, quick detailer, everything but paint) I really really like. I mean better than anything I've been using!

So now it's got me really considering the paint care. Without going into a lot of detail, I'm experienced at detailing and a fan of Meguiars NXT 2.0 and #26, among other things.

I'm wondering how the step #2 Sealer & Glaze performs and especially the step #3 Carnuba as compared to Meguiars #26.

Just curious if any of you had an input on Mothers in general and/or more specifically these paint products.

Mother's makes some very solid products.

The step #2 sealer will be more of a 'pure polish' step. While it will seal (ie: lock down the previous cleaning step), it's not going to do much from the standpoint of protection. This is why they have the #3 step as you've noted.

As compared to #26, #3 is a very similar product. Both are carnuba based and, as such, will have a very similar expected longevity on the paint from a protection standpoint.

My suggestion, do half of your hood with your old standby (NXT/#26 - which, by the way, is one of my favorite combos on a dark paint as well) and then do the other half of your vehicle with the Mother's system. You decide... You may like one better than the others from a look perspective or you may note that, within your environmental conditions, one out performs the other.

Let us know how it all works out and good luck!

-RP-

Old 11-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i love mothers products, my favorite is the synwax, very good results on my truck only other wax i have used on the truck is collinite and it is a close second to mothers synwax

Old 11-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mothers makes some of the best metal polishes bought over the counter you can buy in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Mothers 1-2-3?