Need some help with my terrible paint!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help with my terrible paint!

Hey guys... I have some terrible paint problems on my poor ol truck. I used to driver her at the rate of 6-8,000 miles a year, but then last year things at work changed and I am now driving at the rate of 45-50,000 miles a year. Needless to say my truck has taken a beating. How much do you guys think a detailer would charge to fix what I've done to my poor truck... or would I be better off getting her repainted? Pics:

And here is a pic of my newish bakflip just for the hell of it lol

Old 11-25-2009, 12:17 PM
I can't really tell from the photos what is wrong with the paint. If those are rock chips, they won't be removed by a detail. A a rule, if you can run your finger nail over the scratch and it catches, it won't be removed by polishing. it can be made to look better though.

An exterior detailing of the paint can run $200-$500 depending on the area and work needed. Every paint situation is different. I'm just taking a guess on the cost but it's in the ballpark.

You could also buy a DA polisher and do it yourself for much less. Right now there is a good deal on the PC7424XP for $100. That is a very good deal (autopia). This is a very nice machine and it is safe for a novice to use.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:24 PM
If you are going to spend time and/or money on it...

Whatever you did or didnt do, dont do it anymore or you will be back to the same place again next year.

You would be shocked what M105 and a properly operated polisher can do for Black paint.
My paint was beat as bad or worse and I corrected 95% of it but since you mentioned it...

Nothing beats a clean slate (good paint).

Quick Reply: Need some help with my terrible paint!