getting it clean?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getting it clean?

ok so i am wondering what would be the best products to get my truck really clean. i am going to do a major clean so my truck looks good and it needs it. and after i clean it i want to protect it from the sand and stuff from here at the beach so i would like to spray something under it like a thing for the wheel wells and frame and other things that i need to spray.

so what i am looking for is something to make my truck pop.
the things i am thinking about would be.
1.wax
2.scratch remover
3.stuff for the trim on my truck to make it look new again
4.rim pollish
5.wheel dressing
6.under body protector to spray

what do you think would be the best products for my truck?

thanks for looking

will

Old 12-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Any good pics of the paint in the sun? Has it had any protection on it since you've had the truck?

Old 12-05-2009, 12:57 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Have you read the detailing sticky yet?

Old 12-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Making the paint "pop" requires work.... making damaged paint "pop" requires more work.

What you are asking is that people blindly make recommendations without knowing the condition of the paint, how much paint correction you want to archive, and how much time you want to invest into this project.

As glc mentioned, you might want to review the Detail sticky. You might also want to add a clay process to your list.

You also ask about undercoating.... this is really not "detailing". IMHO the underside of the truck is already protected against sand. I don't know why sand would be an issue.

Keep in mind that "wax" is a sacrificial barrier between your paint and everything else. It wears down and wears off. Paint really needs to be treated about ever 3 months depending on exposure.

Posting some pictures would help.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:12 PM

The paint is in really good condition and I found little rust spots allover it the other day so I want to make the rust spots go away and make the truck look good! I have not put protection on!

Old 12-05-2009, 06:12 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
What looks like little rust spots is probably just rail dust, and a clay job should remove them. Again, read the detailing sticky and post pictures of the problems.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by tcope
Making the paint "pop" requires work.... making damaged paint "pop" requires more work.

What you are asking is that people blindly make recommendations without knowing the condition of the paint, how much paint correction you want to archive, and how much time you want to invest into this project.

As glc mentioned, you might want to review the Detail sticky. You might also want to add a clay process to your list.

You also ask about undercoating.... this is really not "detailing". IMHO the underside of the truck is already protected against sand. I don't know why sand would be an issue.
I have been looking at the detailing sticky today I didn't know that there was I just didn't look! I thought sand would eat away the mettle and start rust but does it really do that? I will get pictures up towmarow for yall! Thanks again!

Quick Reply: getting it clean?