Cleaning tires???

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010 | 12:11 AM
|
its been a few days and Old Dog was right. the tires still look very good. very natural and not greasy. no dirt or brake dust sticking to them so far. also, i emailed toyo and they responed explaining the "blooming" process. good call roushstage2.

Old 06-29-2010 | 01:51 AM
I like using Black Magic Titanium Matte Tire Shine on occasion. It makes the tires very dark and natural looking as well. For the amount and price though, I might go with the Optimum product when I run out of the Black Magic.

Old 06-29-2010 | 03:23 PM
Certain Luxury cars & especially tires with whitewalls look better shiny than matt or natural but unless they are in a truck show...truck tires and off road looking tires always look strange to my eye glossy....
like working out in a suit & tie with sneakers different.

Old 07-02-2010 | 11:08 AM
I use, and have been using for many years, Ajax, nylon scrub brush and lots of elbow grease. Follow that up with some kind of rubber protectant to protect against dry rot.

The cleanser removes all the dirt and makes the white letters spotless. I scrub the top half of the tire, move the truck so the other half comes to the top then go over them again. It's a lot of work but it's the best way I've found to clean them. I do this operation first so everything else involved in washing is a piece of cake.

I haven't tried Eagle One yet but the model they use in their infomercial is hotter than Florida asphalt !!!!!!

Rick
06 black F-150SC

Quick Reply: Cleaning tires???