Just bought a Flex XC 3401 VRG

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought a Flex XC 3401 VRG

Like the title says. I just made a $500 order with Rick @ ADS. I have and love Megs pads so I went with this KIT Do you guys have and tips or tricks on using this machine. I still own my G110 and I bought some Megs 4" pads for it today with the adapter and backing plate. I'm really excited to use it now but must wait for better weather.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:58 PM
I also spent about $100 @ the ragshack in quality MF towels

Old 03-09-2010, 02:58 PM
esf
I don't own one. I do however spend a lot of money (not lately though, broke) at the Rag Shack. What towels did you get? You can't go wrong with any of them.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Not sure how much power a G110 has over a G100, but be ready for the torque. You'll get the hang of it rather quickly, though.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by esf
I don't own one. I do however spend a lot of money (not lately though, broke) at the Rag Shack. What towels did you get? You can't go wrong with any of them.
12"x16" **** Rag (12 Pack)
16"x24" Super Fly (3 Pack) ordered 2 of these
16"x24" Blue Super Fly (3 Pack) ordered 2 of these
16"x16" Ultra Premium (3 Pack)

So what you think. I know you've used the superfly's but what about the **** rag or the Ultra Premium.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:54 AM
esf
The Ultra Premiums are supposed to be the same quality as the Super Fly but different size so that's good. The **** Rag is CRAZY soft and plush.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by pmason718
Like the title says. I just made a $500 order with Rick @ ADS. I have and love Megs pads so I went with this KIT Do you guys have and tips or tricks on using this machine. I still own my G110 and I bought some Megs 4" pads for it today with the adapter and backing plate. I'm really excited to use it now but must wait for better weather.
Hey there...no real tricks needed, you already know how to use a DA but now you will have a true dual action machine...just treat it like a very strong DA...it can rev up on 5-6 speeds so I would say just experiment until you find your way.

You will love it...and you will also love that you have the 4" pads for your DA...good purchase there..

Old 03-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by esf
The Ultra Premiums are supposed to be the same quality as the Super Fly but different size so that's good. The **** Rag is CRAZY soft and plush.
It looks it from the pic, can't wait to see it. Are there any other MF there that you recommend? Now I need to place and order with Autogeek for the dual bucket with dolly set unless you guys know of a place that I can get it cheaper. I have two buckets now with the grit guards just no wheels or lids to cover them once I'm done

Originally Posted by RollingRock
Hey there...no real tricks needed, you already know how to use a DA but now you will have a true dual action machine...just treat it like a very strong DA...it can rev up on 5-6 speeds so I would say just experiment until you find your way.

You will love it...and you will also love that you have the 4" pads for your DA...good purchase there..
Thanks. I can't wait to get it even though I won't be able to use it until the weather gets a lil better. Would you say the settings are the same as the DA when it comes to setting the speed for waxing and polishing.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:33 PM
It looks it from the pic, can't wait to see it. Are there any other MF there that you recommend? Now I need to place and order with Autogeek for the dual bucket with dolly set unless you guys know of a place that I can get it cheaper. I have two buckets now with the grit guards just no wheels or lids to cover them once I'm done

Thanks. I can't wait to get it even though I won't be able to use it until the weather gets a lil better. Would you say the settings are the same as the DA when it comes to setting the speed for waxing and polishing.
I would say speed 4 on the flex is about as fast as a DA can go...I did a quick video a few years back on the speeds, kind of hard to tell but 4, 5 6 and that is moving pretty good.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:40 PM
So lets say you were polishing (M205) what speed would you use on the Flex? what about wax also?

Old 03-11-2010, 03:22 PM
esf
They're all good MFs. The Gladiators are the best and priced like it. I have a dozen of them.

As for the bucket dolly. I have no idea. I don't use them. Might make a good seat while polishing though so you can roll around. I would end up rolling down my driveway and in to the alley.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:32 PM
The biggest difference between the Flex and the other machines is the amount of torque it has. You would really have trouble slowing it down with pressure.
The G110 and the G110v2 will stop spinning if you use a moderate amount of pressure.

It is much heavier and will work your arms much more to control it.

As far as polishes and compounds...I tend to work M105 and 205 at slower speeds. Especially M105 for longer working times. M205 has a much longer working time than M105 and has little to no dust but if the pad starts getting dry or has too much product on it M205 will also dust. I use the machine for applying wax very slowly but I remove by hand. I prefer to polish and seal at much faster speeds.

All the ragshack microfibers are the best. You cant go wrong with any of them. Very good selection you got there.

Why do you need wheels and covers on your buckets?

Last edited by Old Dogg™; 03-11-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:23 PM
I don't. I use the two bucket wash method now but would like to have the dolly with wheels to move the bucket around with ease as I wash and cover the bucket when not in use. This is what I'm looking for but I'm trying to determine which one is better. Which one of these would you purchase

http://www.autogeek.net/grit-guard-wash-system2.html

http://www.autogeek.net/perfect-car-wash-system2.html

Or I could just get the dolly.

http://www.autogeek.net/double-dolly.html

Last edited by pmason718; 03-11-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:47 PM
I don't. I use the two bucket wash method now but would like to have the dolly with wheels to move the bucket around with ease as I wash and cover the bucket when not in use. This is what I'm looking for but I'm trying to determine which one is better. Which one of these would you purchase

http://www.autogeek.net/grit-guard-wash-system2.html

http://www.autogeek.net/perfect-car-wash-system2.html

Or I could just get the dolly.

http://www.autogeek.net/double-dolly.html

Pmason, several of us are guilty of buying stuff b.c they are the thing to have but I will tell you with pure honestly, you don't need those bucket kits...what you need is buckets that the grit guards fit in.

Trust me, I love to buy chit....and I have almost bought those "packages" many times but there are also times when I would never want a bucket on wheels on a slanted driveway etc...

Just my .02 on it....

Old 03-11-2010, 10:52 PM
So lets say you were polishing (M205) what speed would you use on the Flex? what about wax also?
Sorry just saw this...speed with 205 depends on the Flex or DA or Rotatry...like Old Dogg said, I also tend to go slower with those products...pending the pad and desired results.

Lots of variables here...amount of correction, which pads, results desired.

Really with 205, you cannot go wrong, lower speeds with cut pads will cut, higher speeds with finish pads will finish down...

Thinking about it, I rarely go below 3 on the Flex...I tend to go faster than I should...but it works for me. Be doing it for a while so I know what I am gonna get...remember to test test test..really helps.

Quick Reply: Just bought a Flex XC 3401 VRG