couple of Qs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
couple of Qs?

newbie here and found lots of good advice here and took it

I used the Leather CPR on my new Lariat and wonder if i need to condition the leather or is that all i need to do?......it says cleaner on the label?

I see the brand AUTOGLYM at Canadian Tire.......is that stuff any good...I see they make a variety of products?

thanks

Old 04-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I use Lexoral leather cleaner, damp cloth, spray and wipe until residual is gone. Then use conditioner (1 or 2 times a year depending on environmental contions). Keep the conditioner away from the threads as it does induce the potentil to collect dirt in the threads which then causes the threads to wear and break. i use Connolly Hyde cream from england- it is available in the US for about $15 a jar-- but it is also sold under a variety of trade name labels such as Ferrari, Porsche, Harley Davidson, Volvo leather conditioner.

Most leather cleaners are formulated to keep the ph of the leather neutral and leave some conditioner, but, I prefer to use a real conditioner periodic and the leather in all my vehicles (going back to 1997) stll look really good!

Quick Reply: couple of Qs?