Weird redish spots

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird redish spots

I have these weird redish spots on my truck - looks like maybe beet juice from the winter snow removal - not sure - what is the best thing to use to wipe it off?

Old 04-30-2010, 01:21 PM
You can try and clay bar them off, typically on white it's just industrial fallout. Isopropyl alcohol wipe down may work or a vinegar bath. If that doesn't work, you may need to polish them out

Old 04-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Ford/GM/Chrysler/MB/Porsche all have service directives that specifically refer to paint correction/contamination procedures and clay bar is not a referred procedure and specifically identified as a method which only removes the surface level paint contaminants and as such, the "root' of the contaminant remains continues to destroy the paint from underneath the surface layer of the paint.

90% for all paint contamination issues there are products available at automotive paint suppliers, designed to relieve/remove/neutralize the contaminants without reducing the mil thickness of the clear coat

These procedures date back to 1990 and are still published in current oem paint maintenance publications/service manuals of which I have copies.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:42 PM
you have serious issues, beechnut

OP - just ignore this guy .. he is very good at copying and pasting 15 year old statements, but has no practical experience and just posts here to get a rise out of people. He doesn't know what he is posting about in this case.

Try claying the area, and see if it addresses your issue.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Found some answers today...going to clay it off with some Meg's QD and Clay bar. I think after everything I have read I should be OK.

Oh ya BTW, I contacted the Dealers Body shop and they said it is "Ferrolous Metals" or something like that and they suggested doing what
I am doing on Monday........

Last edited by BlkButy; 05-01-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:40 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
clay bar and let us know if they are still there

Old 05-03-2010, 06:15 PM
OK so after 3 hours the results are in - ALL redish spots are gone. Man that was not an easy task but sure looks ALOT better. That's the best $15.00 I have ever spent on the truck. I do have the drivers door left to do but want to show my neighbor the difference from how it was (roughness) versus the SMOOTHNESS afterwards. I used the Meg's package and I got it from Wal-Mart. It's unbelieveable of how the look and feel is afterwards.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Careful, the Rabbit Hole is deep...

What wax did you follow up with?

Old 05-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Glad it worked .. just make sure you wax the areas you worked on ..

Old 05-03-2010, 10:30 PM
i gotta do this also, have a white impala for the wife and it is full of the spot's. bought meg's claybar and will try it when i have time this week, hope it do's the job.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:29 AM
I will be waxing it later today - work nights - when I get up I plan to wax it. Any suggestions on wax? I was told to get Carnuba or something like that.....

Old 05-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by BlkButy
I will be waxing it later today - work nights - when I get up I plan to wax it. Any suggestions on wax? I was told to get Carnuba or something like that.....
Depends on how deep down the detailing Rabbit Hole you want to go. If you want lasting protection go with a Synthetic product...

For price, ease of use and durability I like Megs NXT 2.0. Then a week or two later I would use a carnuba of some sort as a topper but NXT is a fine stand alone wax.

There are Synthetic, carnuba waxes like #26 but I have very little experience with those product and white paint.

Mostly it depends on how much work and effort you want to put in.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:16 AM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
For a wax that you can buy anywhere, Megs NXT 2.0 is as good as any on a white truck. Put it on VERY thin and rub it in, let it dry, then wipe off with a good microfiber towel. I apply it to the whole truck, then go back and remove it in the same panel order. This is generally good enough for the "casual" detailer, it won't do any paint correction to speak of but it will look decent and it will bead water.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:55 AM
I think I will buy some of the Meg's NXT 2.0 !

Old 05-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Nxt 2.0

Best application method I have tried is to put a coat on, let it dry, remove...then immediately follow with a second coat, let it dry and remove...to ensure complete, even coverage. The look after clay will be worth the work and you will not have to fool with it for a while.

Quick Reply: Weird redish spots