Little discovery which might help you.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little discovery which might help you.....

I just discovered something which might help you guys a TON sometime in the future....

Quite a while back I had bought some of that Meguiars detailing spray. It seemed like a great way to sparkle the truck back up (dust it off) a day or two after a complete wash. But I learned (as I was warned here) that doing so can leave micro-scratches, from basically wiping the dust around over your paint.
So, I didn't do that anymore....
But I still had the detailing spray laying around.

So, last week I;

Washed the truck.

Hit all of the fine scratches I could find with my DA buffer and Meg 105 polish.

Meg 205 on the whole truck.

Then, waxed the whole thing with Meg yellow liquid wax.

Came out sweeter than $%#&
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, I polished it outside (no indoor space available). It was a cool day, and I was mostly shaded. But later, with some parts of the truck that were more in the sun, I didn't think I would EVER get that polish off ! Not only was I wearing myself out trying, but rubbing that hard (no matter how clean everything is) can't be good for the paint !

So, for whatever reason, I found that bottle of Meg detailer spray, and to my great, and very pleasant surprise, with a couple shots of that (apparently for lube and moisture) that stubborn dried polish just floated right off ....and left the paint looking dripping wet !

After the final wax, I went back around the entire truck with a fresh, clean MF towel, and the detailing spray, hitting the whole surface, and also any spots of leftover polish, and wax I could find.....

And geez, did that stuff work well !

My baby was gleaming afterwards

Definitely keep a bottle of detailing spray around, for next polish and wax job you do on your truck !

Peace,
Fish

Old 07-24-2010, 12:47 PM
I use the professional version called last touch...its pretty cheap and has a great smell, great for touch ups. Good advice Chris!

Old 07-24-2010, 07:24 PM
i havent had problems with UQD. but ill usually just use it after i give it a quick wash to make it shine, when im lazy to do a detail lol

Quick Reply: Little discovery which might help you.....