Vinyl Trim weeping residue on paint

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2000, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Vinyl Trim weeping residue on paint

Have y'all noticed the the black trim around the windows leak a black soot that runs down the doors? What can done about it? Does it go away with multible washings and/or waxings? It shows up badly on white but is visible on all colors. Think Ford will address it? Trying to decide on what color SCrew to buy. Won't get white if it looks like that all the time.

Old 09-17-2000, 02:41 AM
Are you talking about the streaks that run down from the corners of the windows, especially the rear side windows of the SuperCab? If so, that's just dirt that gets washed out the next time it rains. Just make sure you wash out the areas around those windows really well. I use a soft car washing brush to scrub out those areas.

Old 09-20-2000, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the info Dennis.

------------------
(on order 9/26): '01 SuperCrew XLT 4x2; 5.4L, Limited Slip, Black, 5-Spoke Rims, Dark Graphite Cloth, Captain's Chairs, Power Seat, Cab Steps, Bed Extender, Moonroof. Paid $16 over invoice + $200 Processing Fee.
(now for sale): '93 Ranger XLT SuperCab 4x2; 4.0L, Limited Slip, Black, Alum. Rims, Power windows, mirrors and locks, CD Player, hard tonneau, running boards.

Old 09-21-2000, 11:48 PM
GO 4D IT,
I remember you asking about this problem in the Supercrew thread. I have had my white/silver Screw for 6 months and have never had this problem with the black trim. I use to have a camper shell that had this problem but so far the trim on my Screw is fine. If you want white don't let it stop you.

------------------
2001 F150 SuperCrew, Lariat,4x4,5.4,Tow,Slider,6 CD,Moon Roof,60/40,Two Tone,Snugtop Campershell,Yakima rack system. Color:White/Silver
Photopoint.com

Quick Reply: Vinyl Trim weeping residue on paint