Dealer Decals - New SuperCrew

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2000, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I took mine off after about a month because I didn't like looking at it any more. I took a hair dryer and heated the sticker and peeled it off with a plastic picnic knife. To get the goo off I used WD-40 and some elbow grease. Next just use some good cleaner wax to make it shine like new.

------------------
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

My 2000 F-150

It's A KC Thing....You Wouldn't Understand!!!

Old 09-01-2000, 02:39 PM
I have always taken them off. Do it soon and on a hot day with the sun on them and they will be nice and soft.

Old 09-01-2000, 05:33 PM
Cool

They are pliable when new; Mine came off with just fingernails; no scratches.

------------------
2000 F-150 XL,RC,LB,5.4,4R70W,3.55LS,
Class III tow/Payload #3/Convenience pkgs.,
4-wheel disc/ABS,Chestnut/Parchment 40/60,
Ford bedliner & gas/wheel/spare locks,
3" cold air box modification, Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back,
3" exit Y-pipe, Hellwig rear anti-sway bar.

Old 09-01-2000, 09:25 PM
I always tell the dealer I don't want his sticker or badge on my vehicle and will not take delivery if it is there. License tag frame is okay, I can always take that off later and it makes them happy to have at least some advertizing on the car.

Old 09-02-2000, 12:28 AM
Question Dealer Decals - New SuperCrew

Just took delivery of my truck a couple of days ago. First truck!! Past two vehicles were Explorers and love the truck already. I want to remove the dealer's decals from the truck without damaging or marking the paint job. Any suggestions and advive would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!!

------------------
2001 F150 SuperCrew Lariat, Harvest Gold, 5.4L V8, Trailer Tow, Limited Slip, Skid Plate, Leather Captain's Chairs, Sunroof, sliding back window, 6-Disc CD, Box Extender and Bed Liner.

Old 09-11-2000, 01:43 PM
Talking

Same here, I removed both the dealer sticket and the SPORT sticker the day I bought mine.
(I don't like stickers) although it does not say sport, I know what I bought and that is good enough. the stickers were taken off with nothing but fingers, (it was a hot day).
if you do it slow enough you will get lucky like I did and have 0 glue left.

Old 09-11-2000, 11:46 PM
How about fishing line?

I can't get the URL thing to work so if you cut and paste this in the browser window you will get it.
http://www.fseries.com/categories/fo...ow%20to%20get% 20those%20annoying%20dealer%20stickers%20off

[This message has been edited by kkirt1 (edited 09-11-2000).]

Old 09-12-2000, 09:02 AM
I have removed these using a putty knife wrapped in a shop towel. Just go slow and do not put much of an angle on the knife when peeling away the emblem. Once you get it off, you can then clean up the residue with a good cleaner wax.

Jim

------------------
1998 F-150 XLT SC 5.4L

Old 09-25-2000, 04:13 PM
To remove a plastic pinstripe or decal, work on a sunny day, and allow the sun to heat the panel. Then use a heat gun (looks like a hair dryer, only hotter--though a hair dryer will work). You won't hurt anything ''getting too hot'' unless you're around rubber or plastic parts. The glue that remains can be removed with a product called "wax and grease remover" which can be had at any auto paint store. Soak a rag, then hold it to the 'glue' for about 20 seconds, and the glue should soften enough to irritate it off with a fingernail. If the tape is only a couple of years old, the glue might even come off with a squegee after soaking. One reader said he used mineral oil, another carb cleaner. In any case, wax the panel when you're done.

[This message has been edited by gofish (edited 09-25-2000).]

Old 09-26-2000, 08:50 AM
A hair dryer works just fine. Just heat the decal up and use your fingers tp peel it away. I wouldnt use any kind of metal instrument to remove it. One slip and you have a good scratch. then use some wax and your good to go.

------------------
1999 Black F-150, Quad, V-6, SPORT.
MODS:Ford Bedliner, SONY CD-CHANGER w/ AMP and POLK Speaks. Cool stickers that make me go fast
Future: Im gonna trick it out.

Quick Reply: Dealer Decals - New SuperCrew